in wall cable for audio

brequi

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Reedsburg, WI
I need to run audio from my audio components to a receiver downstairs. The cable will be ran in wall during new construction. What kind of cable should be used in wall? The ends will both be the red and white RCA connectors.

I've been using RG6 for Component from my livingroom to my HT room for a couple of years with no problems, I have a Monoprice cable about the same length ran to my Bedroom with Component and RCA Audio for the last year with no problems either...

I've been using RG6 for Component from my livingroom to my HT room for a couple of years with no problems, I have a Monoprice cable about the same length ran to my Bedroom with Component and RCA Audio for the last year with no problems either...

Well brequi said audio. I would recommend RG-6 as well, although it is actually overkill.

Don, the only thing to be careful about when using it for component is to make sure that the individual runs are the same length. Any difference of a half foot or more will show up in picture degradation. It is best to bundle the cables together using tie wraps to help them run the same path.

Well brequi said audio. I would recommend RG-6 as well, although it is actually overkill.

Don, the only thing to be careful about when using it for component is to make sure that the individual runs are the same length. Any difference of a half foot or more will show up in picture degradation. It is best to bundle the cables together using tie wraps to help them run the same path.

thats is false ---> that if one wire is shorter then the other, you will have pq degradation. I wire up two speakers on my surrond system, one speaker has an 8 foot cable, the other has a 8,000 foot cable, the both will sound exactly the same if I wire up my lcd hdtv, one wire in the hdmi cable is 3 feet longer, i connect it to my tv and my dvr, no diff in pq there is no latency in a circuit, a signal runs across a conductor at the speed of light,

thats is false ---> that if one wire is shorter then the other, you will have pq degradation. I wire up two speakers on my surrond system, one speaker has an 8 foot cable, the other has a 8,000 foot cable, the both will sound exactly the same if I wire up my lcd hdtv, one wire in the hdmi cable is 3 feet longer, i connect it to my tv and my dvr, no diff in pq there is no latency in a circuit, a signal runs across a conductor at the speed of light,

We have two topics mixed together here. I agree 100% about AUDIO.

The comment I made about equal lengths was in response to dfergie's comment about using 3 RG-6 runs for COMPONENT VIDEO.

And yes, it runs at the speed of light. That is different than infinite. A nanosecond is about 7 inches of cable length. Going much more than that will start to show noticeable color edge fringing from the propagation delay.

I have an optical output to coax converter that I use to run a Dish optical output (5.1) over RG6.

I originally ran 5 RG6 up, 3 for video 2 for audio. When I put a surround system in, I bought the converter and just use one of the audio lines for the digital signal. It works well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)