Incompetent Dish Network

Um.......He did get signal, If you would of read her posting. Here is what she said. Quote {I finally gave up and let the installer do the way he was ordered. When he was testing the equipment, I notice that I am getting about 50 in signal strength for both 110 and 119 but only about 20 for the 129.}

The signal screen will show around 50 or 60 percent strength due to the signal modifications. True, I will not argue that the signal is low but he did get signal!!

I did read her post. She did a simple re-boot and lost the signal altogether. If that's an acceptable installation to you, please don't ever move to Central Illinois and work on my setup.

I did read her post. She did a simple re-boot and lost the signal altogether. If that's an acceptable installation to you, please don't ever move to Central Illinois and work on my setup.

Okay, So the installer installed everything got a signal of 50%, She signed the service agreement and he left.........later.............she rebooted and lost all signal?, ........Installers fault?.........Okay, So when I go to McDonalds and order a #1 combo from you, I take it home and don't eat it for 2 hours, and the fries are cold.....Do I have the right to call you (The cashier) a incompetent cashier?........No!!........

If you dont understand that, Then don't move here and work in any fast food joints...........

So according to DirectDishNet, it is my fault that I can't get any signal from 129, it is my fault that the PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER thinks that a signal of 20s for the 129 is acceptable.
It is my fault that I signed the service agreement when the PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER told me not to worry about the low number for the 129 and everything is fine?

It is not the same as buying fast food, if you buy a TV, bring it home, and found out that Video 1 is not working all together, is it consumer's fault?

Ok lets stop all the fighting in this thread and see if we can get the problem fixed.

First we need to know where you are located. THis will tell us if you are really in one of the areas that would benifit from a 2nd dish for 129. Some people are so gloom and doom and say that 129 is falling out of the sky and that you need a wing dish no matter what. There are area's of the country that this is true, for the most part the 1000.2 work just fine on 129.

So it really comes down to is your area an area that needs a 2nd dish, or did your installer not get the dish you have peaked? From what I have seen in the thread the dish was not peaked. 50 on 119 and 110 is low I get 73 on 119 and 62 on 110 129 should be in the 30's. So at this point let the installer come out and get the dish peaked. If then you can't get the 129 to work properly then llok at a wing dish. Thing is you will have to go with 2 Dish500's or point to 61.5 with the wing dish. If the wing dish is pointed at 129 and the 1000.2 starts to pick up signal from 129 it will cause problems.

Ok lets stop all the fighting in this thread and see if we can get the problem fixed.

First we need to know where you are located. THis will tell us if you are really in one of the areas that would benifit from a 2nd dish for 129. Some people are so gloom and doom and say that 129 is falling out of the sky and that you need a wing dish no matter what. There are area's of the country that this is true, for the most part the 1000.2 work just fine on 129.

So it really comes down to is your area an area that needs a 2nd dish, or did your installer not get the dish you have peaked? From what I have seen in the thread the dish was not peaked. 50 on 119 and 110 is low I get 73 on 119 and 62 on 110 129 should be in the 30's. So at this point let the installer come out and get the dish peaked. If then you can't get the 129 to work properly then llok at a wing dish. Thing is you will have to go with 2 Dish500's or point to 61.5 with the wing dish. If the wing dish is pointed at 129 and the 1000.2 starts to pick up signal from 129 it will cause problems.

Exactly.

Dish isn't aligned, get that hack back out there. 50 is too low on 119, that's about 14 points lower than it ought to be. On the old scale, that's like 30 points.

BTW, congrats Dave on 1,000 posts.

So according to DirectDishNet, it is my fault that I can't get any signal from 129, it is my fault that the PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER thinks that a signal of 20s for the 129 is acceptable.
It is my fault that I signed the service agreement when the PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER told me not to worry about the low number for the 129 and everything is fine?

It is not the same as buying fast food, if you buy a TV, bring it home, and found out that Video 1 is not working all together, is it consumer's fault?

OMG!!.........Geez lady, I give up with you!.........This whole thing got all blown out of content.......I was just saying that not all sub contractors are incompetent like you said in your first post........Thats all I was saying.......
I give up, I will not post any more subject matter in this thread..........
Have a good day maam!

Exactly.

Dish isn't aligned, get that hack back out there. 50 is too low on 119, that's about 14 points lower than it ought to be. On the old scale, that's like 30 points.

That's all I was trying to say - the guy didn't do a quality job if she loses signal from a simple reboot. If the power went out, her receiver would reboot when the power came back on. Is it acceptable for her to lose signal because of that?

That's all I was trying to say - the guy didn't do a quality job if she loses signal from a simple reboot. If the power went out, her receiver would reboot when the power came back on. Is it acceptable for her to lose signal because of that?
NOT acceptable. Installer need to do the job Right! Thats what he was "PAID" to do.

My mistake, I thought I need a switch in order to hook up 2 seperate dishs.
Didn't realize that 1000.2 already has a LNB input.
I am not asking for a non-standard installation, all I am asking for is for Dish to provide all the channels that I am entitled to which would require signals from all 3 birds.
As of right now, I still can't get signal from 129. If the solution is to install a 2nd dish, don't you think I am entitled to one?

If DPP44 is not an option, then I will have to keep the DPP Triple right? What 2nd dish and 2nd LNBF should the installer install?
Right now I am using all 3 ports from the DPP Triple (1 port with a DPP Seperator to hook up to a 722 and port 2 & 3 are hooked to two 211)

Also, what's a reasonable signal strength level? around 50s for all 3 birds?
I used to have signal in the 90s for 110 and 119 while I was still live in Houston....

First of all you're not ENTITLED to anything. If that's the attitude you had on the phone with dish and with your installer, I can see why no one tried to help you. Good luck getting your system working.

First of all you're not ENTITLED to anything. If that's the attitude you had on the phone with dish and with your installer, I can see why no one tried to help you. Good luck getting your system working.

YES you are entitled to anything that the installed DEEMS that you NEED to get this system working. As far as signal in the 50s with the new signal meter on most systems it will show its lower than it really is. i use to get between 100 and 110.
Now im getting upper 40;s to high 50;s nothing wrong with that.

As far as you not being satisfied with the install? Complain you have Every right as a paying customer to complain about anything you feel is wrong. If they were right in doing what they wanted to do let someone else prove it wrong.

I was told by 2 installers that i could not get HD service because they could not get a dish 1000.2 to work at my location. SO i asked for a second dish and they told me it could not work and was not allowed by dish. So i called a local retailer one that is NOT subcontracted by dish network. THis was a complete third party from dish. within 2 hours of showing up this installer had it ALL up and running. on a dish 1000.2.

And after going through the Executive office of dish complaining about all my problems they told me that if any installer needed to install a dish for the 110 another for the 119 and another for the 129 and even for the 61.5 they are to install one dish for each if that is what I want and if that is what is needed they are to do so. They are to do what ever it takes to get my up and running.

Do you feel like your being lied to??

Then email CEO@Echostar.com and let them hear your complaint first hand. If you dont hear back with in 24 hours then email same thing again. TRUST ME you will get a response.

Thanks for all the input. I am in nothern California, SF bay area to be precise.
So basically, it boiled down to if Dish and its sub-contractor can adjust and peak the 1000.2 to give me strong signal for all 3 birds, then I will drop the whole issue.
By strong signal, I mean 50s for the 110/119 and at least 30s for the 129 (or should I aim for 40s?)

If somehow they still can't get me strong and stable signal from 1000.2, I believe I am entitled to ask them to install a 2nd wing dish.
If they decide to let me keep the 1000.2 to save the cost for a switch, I will be fine with that.
If they decide to do the way I originally wanted them to, (2 dishs, one for 110/119 and the other for 129, and connect the dishs via a switch), that would be fine too.

One last question, I felt the position that the original installer put the dish is a bit too low, and a neighbor's chimney might be blocking some of the signal.
Can I tell the installer where I perfer to have the dish installed? or is it purely their decision?

I think you have the right to tell the installer where to install the dish BUT he has the right to say it wont work in that spot.

One last question, I felt the position that the original installer put the dish is a bit too low, and a neighbor's chimney might be blocking some of the signal.
Can I tell the installer where I perfer to have the dish installed? or is it purely their decision?

You have the right to say where you want the dish. It is the job of a "GOOD" installer to go over this with you, and make suggestions as to what would be the best place to put the dish. I really don't think the chimney is the problem. If he had some signal at 1 point it is not possible for the chimney to block it latter.

With the signals you stated I still say the dish needs to be peaked. I have heard in your area of the country that a second dish does work better, althought I belive it is customers more north of you. But you have to understand that this site is the extream customers for the most part. As you have seen in this thread alone some people will tell you no matter what the 129 satellite is space junk and falling out of the sky and you need a 6' dish for it to work properly.

My house has a 2 tier roof, I initially wanted the installer to install the dish on the higher tier but he said it will be too difficult to MAINTAIN OR ADJUST and said he would install it at the same location on the lower tier roof edge..

Also, since 129 is giving me problem, will asking DISH to install a dish 300 point at 61.5 help?

YES 20 IS OK!

Here in sac. The numbers for us are a right around there, we accept 45+ 45+ and 22+ (129), that is with the 1K.2 and new software.

the biggest question, were the numbers green or where they orange? if they are green then ur fine.

U seem great at restarting the box, try it again.

Also a 44 switch is a non standard install, the only standard way ur going to get it is with a 1000 PLUS dish, because it is required for all 4 sats. any other time the Cust gets charged 200 bucks for the switch.

you can always throw up a dish 500 for 129 or 61.5, put it to the port in on the 1K.2 and then put some tin foil on 129 lnb, or move it over 10 degrees so your check switch will show, X 119 110 129/61.5

And (side note) Why do cust think that the signal on the top of the house is going to get better signal or is better for them, We try to keep it as low as possible. The only ONLY time we put it up higher is when there is a tree or something in the way. dont ask us to go 3 times higher and more open to high gust of winds (seeing ur in Oakland/SF) weather also can effect the signal maybe just maybe the storm that was going threw the area blocked ur signal.

Last edited:
My house has a 2 tier roof, I initially wanted the installer to install the dish on the higher tier but he said it will be too difficult to MAINTAIN OR ADJUST and said he would install it at the same location on the lower tier roof edge..

Also, since 129 is giving me problem, will asking DISH to install a dish 300 point at 61.5 help?

You like putting people in danger by asking them to go to the highest point of your roof????

Techs, always keep the dish low.

You can use 61.5, but if you're on the west coast it won't be the easiest to hit.

The best you can do is to call them back or perhaps contact ceo@echostar.com if the following does not work .....

I think the 1000.2 supports a fourth satellite location (has an extra port on it for an additional satellite slot) so a DPP44 should not be needed if I am not mistaken. The only thing that should be needed is that old dish that you have and make sure it has a DP lnbf on it.
D-1000.2 supports three orbital slots. 110/119 and 129 ONLY!
The LNB is Dish Pro Plus. No switch is required. The 4th port is an INPUT only for a 4th orbital slot supplied by a second dish. Now it is possible to install a second dish if for example the 129 is blocked and the 61.5 is a better or the only option OR, if the 129 signal is so weak, that a second dish can be used to point at the 129 from a better location. In this case, any use of a second dish is wired to the INPUT port on the D-1000.2 Dish.
It appears to me that this is either a line of sight issue or a poorly aimed dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts