Incompetent Voom CSR

Yadnus

Original poster
May 5, 2004
I'm supposed to have my install today, after waiting for 10 days since I called up Voom, I didn't get any confirmation call or anything so I decided to give Voom a call, and the CSR told me that I'm not getting the install anymore because some other stupid CSR put my phone number wrong, the number was way off and now I have to wait til May 26th to have my installation!!! that's over 2 weeks from now, that is so messed up. I can't believe this is happening, I specifically told the CSR my phone number, and repeated it several times to make sure that they got the right number, and even asked them to repeat it to make sure and yet this happened, I'm furious right now, I'm so dissapointed about Voom's incompetent CSR. Since I gave them my home address during the same conversation, couldn't they just go ahead with the installation? I don't understand why I have to wait for another 2 more weeks for their CSR's mistake. Sorry for ranting, I hope Voom do something about this, so that this will never happen again to anyone. Thanks.

Yadnus said:
Sorry for ranting, I hope Voom do something about this, so that this will never happen again to anyone. Thanks.

Wishful thinking...but, as long as they continue making people then you will continue dealing with your fair-share of the ignorant, lazy, and malcontent. :shocked You will always have the infamous 10%!!! Anyway, my experiences with VOOM CSRs have been very positive with only one less than stellar experience. :clap Of course, I can't say the same regarding my OTA installation. :river

This is exactly why I called them numerous times before my install date to verify teh install was still scheduled. Also ask them to give you the name and number of the local installer who will be doing the install. Call them too to verify too!

I would call and ask for a $20 dollar or more discount off your billing since there was a screw up on there end. I received a $20 credit of my next month because the installer didn't show up in my scheduled hours. Voom is really bending over backwards to please its customers, so call and explain your matter with them.

Is there something in a FAQ or sticky post about you should expect your install to take a month from the date you call? If not there should be.

Finally called Installs Inc and Crave Electronics about the mistake and luckily Crave Electronics offered to install it tomorrow instead of the 26th, but unfortunately I have to work so I rescheduled it on Wednesday instead. Hopefully everything works out fine. Oh well, 2 more days won't kill me but I think 2 weeks will!!! :)

"I'm supposed to have my install today, after waiting for 10 days since I called up Voom, I didn't get any confirmation call or anything so I decided to give Voom a call"

Why would anyone wait 10 days? I would have called after one day.

vurbano said:
"I'm supposed to have my install today, after waiting for 10 days since I called up Voom, I didn't get any confirmation call or anything so I decided to give Voom a call"

I called up Voom on April 30th to sign up, the CSR told me that my installation date would be 10 days later which is today, May 10th. Since then I'd been very busy at work and haven't been able to follow-up with Voom. I just assumed that they would call me a day before or on the day of the install and everything will be according to the schedule, apparently I was wrong.

vurbano said:

Even if Yadnus would of called the day before the install, (because he didn't get a confirmation call from an installer) he'd still be in the same situation he's in now, because a VOOM CSR messed up! This is clearly not his fault, don't point fingers in his direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)