Independently purchased DECA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's not VOD you'll need them to turn on, but MRV will need to be activated on your account after you install it. $3/month.

Thank you for your response. Of course, I should have been more clear.

I have only one HD DVR, an HR24-100. I would have no need for the MRV.

Thank you.

Yes and if you want to use MRV you need to run the setup on the HDDVR and the HD Receiver that way you can watch your recordings off the other receivers as well.

Yes and if you want to use MRV you need to run the setup on the HDDVR and the HD Receiver that way you can watch your recordings off the other receivers as well.

try reading what he posted, he has only 1 hddvr and thats all.

VOD is automatically on the account.

How do you have your deca unit hooked up? First off it needs to be powered.
PS18DER0_zoom.jpg
, and the blue ethernet cable need to be plugged into you router.

The coax need to run back to the swm GREEN labeled splitter and then you will have internet injected into your swm system.

Question is, can you use DECA for internet without activating MRV, which costs $3/month.

Sure, why wouldn't you be able to?

MRV is a dvr sharing service between compatable networked boxes.

Internet gives you ondemand, tvapps, directv2pc, ppv purchases.

You don't need one for the other, but it's good to have both to take full advantage of everything Directv hddvr boxes have to offer.

edit, you could have boxes connected to internet via deca , but you would need basically 24's on your account, or be setup for mrv. All new installs, at least what we've been doing, set up everyone for mrv even if they don't have mrv on the account. HD installs only, of course

I dunno, Ive seen stranger policies. I just dont want the guy to buy the junk and it not work right for him, when he could just get powerlines and be done with it.

I dunno, Ive seen stranger policies. I just dont want the guy to buy the junk and it not work right for him, when he could just get powerlines and be done with it.

They set them up so it's jsut a flip of the switch and not a truck roll.

Right, he would need to make sure he had green labeled splitter and the power adaptor, and of course the coax to connect it.

They set them up so it's jsut a flip of the switch and not a truck roll.

Right, he would need to make sure he had green labeled splitter and the power adaptor, and of course the coax to connect it.

If MRV isn't in the mix, the green label splitter isn't necessary (but would be good for future compatibililty).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)