Indianapolis HD Locals on CONUS?

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
On another informative site it states that the Indianapolis HD locals (still no NBC) are on "129 temporarily CONUS", while HD locals for other cities simply state 129. Why is Indianapolis on CONUS and what does that mean for the future? I just got a new 1000.2 for 110, 119, and 129 right after the stations were lit up. I hope Dish doesn't move them to another satellite forcing me to get yet another dish.

P.S. Since the Indianapolis SD locals are on 110 why aren't the HD locals on 110?

On another informative site it states that the Indianapolis HD locals (still no NBC) are on "129 CONUS temporarily", while HD locals for other cities simply state 129. Why is Indianapolis on CONUS and what does that mean for the future? I just got a new 1000.2 for 110, 119, and 129 right after the stations were lit up. I hope Dish doesn't move them to another satellite forcing me to get yet another dish.
I think they mean that the Indy locals might move off the CONUS beam to an Indiana spotbeam in the future. Most likely they would stay on 129.

On another informative site it states that the Indianapolis HD locals (still no NBC) are on "129 temporarily CONUS", while HD locals for other cities simply state 129. Why is Indianapolis on CONUS and what does that mean for the future? I just got a new 1000.2 for 110, 119, and 129 right after the stations were lit up. I hope Dish doesn't move them to another satellite forcing me to get yet another dish.

P.S. Since the Indianapolis SD locals are on 110 why aren't the HD locals on 110?

There isn't room on any 110W spot beams for Indy locals. The Indy locals are supposed to be on Transponder 5 on Spotbeam 24 on the new 129W (Ciel 2). Unfortunately, there is a problem of some sort that is preventing the Indy HD locals being uplinked to that designated transponder. The old 129W satellite is still on station at 129W so E* has the Indy HD locals uplinked there on Transponder 5 for the time being. The old 129 satellite is a ConUS beam only satellite so that's why the Indy locals are currently ConUS. If and when the problem with using T5 on the new 129W satellite (Ciel 2) is solved, the Indy HD locals will be moved there. This move will not affect anyone receiving the locals that lives within the spotbeam. The only viewers affected would be those living outside the designated spotbeam. They will lose the signal as they should. Since you already have a 1000.2 dish that receives 129W, you shouldn't notice anything when the channels are moved, assuming there are no further complications and you reside in the Indy DMA.

Knowing our luck, the problem won't be fixed until after they have to move E5, and they'll cut our channels off.

There is currently space on T7 on the same spot beam. Unfortunately there are other DMAs that need to be uplinked as well so they have to come up with some sort of permanent solution. Hopefully the problem was just one with infrastructure in getting the signal to the uplink station. Nelson61 reported that E* told the FCC it was prepared to move the old 129W to 148W on the 15th. We shall see next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)