Indianapolis HD locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I called the other day about all this. They confirmed that Indy locals are NOT coming soon, and that they stopped talking with the Indy local stations about doing it any time soon.

He said that the local stations were not ready to make the hardware changes needed, and that they did not show enough in HD. I call BS on both counts since few locals do much shows that are produced locally. Everthing comes from the national network, so why would one market be that different? WTHR also went to HD for their local news, so that is also odd that Dish would say that.

Secondly, how were they uplinked on the 118 before if the stations didn't have the hardware?

Anyhow, he offered me $100 off my bill so I could buy an antenna, then gave me three places to call to get pricing on installing it.

All three said they only do Dish installs, not OTA. I called a local place, they said I would need a tower for my type of home, and the whole thing would cost $1,075 to install. No effing way.

I'm going to call back and point out how the $100 is nice, but doesn't help me get OTA. I don't expect much in response. Not going to lie and take the money, though.

I called the other day about all this. They confirmed that Indy locals are NOT coming soon, and that they stopped talking with the Indy local stations about doing it any time soon.

He said that the local stations were not ready to make the hardware changes needed, and that they did not show enough in HD. I call BS on both counts since few locals do much shows that are produced locally. Everthing comes from the national network, so why would one market be that different? WTHR also went to HD for their local news, so that is also odd that Dish would say that.

Secondly, how were they uplinked on the 118 before if the stations didn't have the hardware?

Anyhow, he offered me $100 off my bill so I could buy an antenna, then gave me three places to call to get pricing on installing it.

All three said they only do Dish installs, not OTA. I called a local place, they said I would need a tower for my type of home, and the whole thing would cost $1,075 to install. No effing way.

I'm going to call back and point out how the $100 is nice, but doesn't help me get OTA. I don't expect much in response. Not going to lie and take the money, though.

What number did you call to get 100 dollors of your bill?

Went to the website, customer service phone number, went to billing to talk about how long was left on my contract. Shared how I was upset about signing with Dish when they were saying Indy HD in summer 2006. Talked about what I could do to lower my bill until my contract was up so I could do cable with HD locals.

Got forwarded to a different account rep, they offered that deal. Hope it helps.

Dish Network BS

I couldn't take Dish Network's crap anymore with regards to the Indy locals being available in HD. I called to express my lack of statisfaction with the whole product as I've had additional issues with the HD channels I do get since the original install date.

They have sent me a new receiver, sent a tech out to realign the satellite and I've even replaced my television. Still the same issues - and the lies about the availability of the Indy locals is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I had 12 months left on an 18 month contract. They only made me pay $13.33 for 6 months to termintate and now I'm headed to DirecTV who has the Indy NBC, ABD and FOX affiliates in HD already (not to mention Comcast SportsNet Chicago in HD for Cubs games - big plus for me as transplant Chicagoan). Anyway, the cancellation fee is instantly covered by the current deal with DirecTV. Free HD for 4 months ($10 savings per month), another $10 off my bill for months 2-11 (after I send in a form with my first months bill), no cost for setup or installation and no cost for not having the receiver hooked up to a telephone jack. To get these deals, you need to sign up by 12/31/06.

Even once all the promotions are done, my regular bill will be $20 less than what I have been paying Dish for equivalent service. Goodbye Dish Network and good riddance...

Even once all the promotions are done, my regular bill will be $20 less than what I have been paying Dish for equivalent service. Goodbye Dish Network and good riddance...[/QUOTE]

Good Luck with your New Service. Please stay involved here.

Six months later...

It's been about six months since anyone posted on this thread. I'm assuming that no news is bad news, but does anyone have any new information about HD locals via Dish Network in Indianapolis?

I have great reception via antenna, but I want to be able to record more than one local digital channel at a time (like everyone else no doubt).

Bump for an Indy HD update... anyone?

Indy isn't in the list of HD locals from the 1/7/08 press release. So I'm guessing it's sometime after these 11 launch.

The company begins its HD launches with 11 local markets including: Austin, TX; Baltimore; Cleveland; Columbia, S.C.; Flint, Mich.; Greenville, S.C.; Huntsville, Ala.; Jackson, Miss.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Orlando, Fla.; and Richmond, Va.

On the Charlie Chat, when they showed the map of upcoming HD locals by the end of the year, did anyone else see a dot appear smack-dab right in the middle of Indiana? I thought I did...

Hope springs eternal... :)

On the Charlie Chat, when they showed the map of upcoming HD locals by the end of the year, did anyone else see a dot appear smack-dab right in the middle of Indiana? I thought I did...

Hope springs eternal... :)
Don't count on WISH initially. Even D* can't come to terms with its' parent company.

Yes that Blue Dot was for Indianapolis! That is why I posted it will be another year before I could drop D* since I want the option to record all Three Locals at the same time in HD.

Don't count on WISH initially. Even D* can't come to terms with its' parent company.

Apparently Dish has come to an agreement with the parent company of WISH-TV to carry both their SD and HD broadcasts. So, I guess when the Indianapolis stations are turned on in HD by Dish, WISH will be a part of it.

Apparently Dish has come to an agreement with the parent company of WISH-TV to carry both their SD and HD broadcasts. So, I guess when the Indianapolis stations are turned on in HD by Dish, WISH will be a part of it.

And the parent company (LIN) also owns WLFI in Lafayette and they are also included in the deal according to my local paper today. I may finally be able to get locals in Lafayette, IN.

Does any one know when wish tv 8 will be turned on for us to see?

There have been no announcements on Indy HD locals, other than giving us a "blue dot" last week in the Charlie Chat (which meant "by the end of the year"). For now you need an antenna, or settle for SD locals through the satellite.

I live 100 plus miles north of Indy. Theres no way i can pick them up with ota guess i'll have to wait till the end of the year to see HD locals. Thanks jeffinindy

I got my 622 installed yesterday here in Indianapolis, and the installer said that Indy HD locals are coming July 26 (though it was a "you didn't hear it from me" kind of comment). Not sure if that contradicts any other info on this site, but I just wanted to report what he said.

July 26th of what year? Your thread was started in July of 2007? Indy HD locals were linked for months in 2006. I wouldn't hold your breath. Get a good antenna and enjoy like I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts