Sep 9, 2009
PA
Seems I have a number of duplicate channels for a week or so:confused:
Indie as in title
Retro on 379 and 294
Epix1 295 and 380
Epix2 296 and 381

Is this right?? Is something wrong??
Thanks - it's been driving me batty. I tried search but may be using the wrong search terms.

Those channels you cited in the 200's are there temporarily for FREE preview. If you subscribe to any of those channels (HD Platinum) , I would be certain to set the timers for the 300's were they are permanently located because when the map-downs at the 200's are removed at the end of the FREEbie view, you won't get your recording.

Thanks

That's the answer I was looking for. And I do record some things off those channels. Your reply was most informative and helpful. :)

Why isn't HDNet Movies in the 290's? Makes no sense that they have MGM on 298 which shows commercials and REELZ on 289 and 299 but I have to go to 383 for HDNet Movies.

I was wondering the same about HDNet Movies not being in the 29x range. I actually like that the rest are closer to the TMC channels and Encore channels. However, it looks like someone at Dish goofed up when looking at the online channel list (http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf). They list a 29xchannel and 37x or 38x channel for each. According to list (which has some wrong channel numbers):
EPIX HD 380/296
EPIX 2 HD 381/297
HDNet Movies 383/298
IndiePlex 378/294
MGM HD 385/299
RetroPlex HD 379/295
I wish they would put HDNet Movies closer; it is easy to forget at 383 since it is so far away from the 29X channels.

Those channels you cited in the 200's are there temporarily for FREE preview. If you subscribe to any of those channels (HD Platinum) , I would be certain to set the timers for the 300's were they are permanently located because when the map-downs at the 200's are removed at the end of the FREEbie view, you won't get your recording.

I believe that the free preview has been over for some time now. For the free preview, I think they were even advertising the 37x or 38x channels unless it was an SD channel that was also near that range. The online channel list (http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf) has the following (although the channel numbers are not accurate):
EPIX HD 380/296
EPIX 2 HD 381/297
HDNet Movies 383/298
IndiePlex 378/294
MGM HD 385/299
RetroPlex HD 379/295
It looks like a goof on someone's part at E*.

I believe that the free preview has been over for some time now. For the free preview, I think they were even advertising the 37x or 38x channels unless it was an SD channel that was also near that range. The online channel list (http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf) has the following (although the channel numbers are not accurate):
EPIX HD 380/296
EPIX 2 HD 381/297
HDNet Movies 383/298
IndiePlex 378/294
MGM HD 385/299
RetroPlex HD 379/295
It looks like a goof on someone's part at E*.

Now how could that ever happen at E*? :confused:
:haha:haha:haha

It's about time someone actually knows the answer to this question. I had been tweeting to dish before to try and get the answer. they gave me a bull story saying that some people get the channels on one sat. andsome on antoher and i happen to be getting both. never beleived them and finally gave up on why the dupes.

ron

The reason some good channels like Travel (soon to doom) etc. are placed outside of what would seen a logical channel area with those of similar content is to FORCE us into a "neighborhood" (range of channels) we would otherwise never go to so that we can see the additional channels (sometimes infomercial channels) that are available. Sometimes it is legacy as in History and History Intentional far away from TLC, Discovery, etc. because I believe they were among the first 40 channels Dish ever offered, and then things just took off from there. I would really be willing to tolerate a ONE-time for all time channel reassignment, but I don't think we will ever see that. Also, the new generation of boxes will be able to find channels by name, so we won't have to remember a channel number nor hunt for it in the guide.

I should add that there is a possibility that they are there at the 200's near the premium movie 300 area to be noticed by those not subscribed to Platinum HD. I some one suggested, it may end up being permanent, but we shall have to see. This could explain why Dish is not replying to inquires from an earlier post as Dish hasn't made up its mind for the long-term, either. After all, after fist launching Platinum HD, they rearranged the channels some time later.

A note about The Travel Channel...at one time LONG ago, The Travel Channel was almost like a shopping channel. It was owned by an airline I believe, and showed a lot of infomercials for resorts and vacation packages. This may explain its placement. Another explanation...it used to share an owner with The Weather Channel, which it is still right next to. Either way, it's long overdue for a move.

Still getting all the duplicate channels- This seems like a really long temporary free preview:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)