Indoor antenna works at one place but not the other?!?

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Hey all, ive had a RCA ANT525 antenna pretty much since I bought my HDTV, and at the first apartment I lioved in, I was able to get great reception on all my locals. 3 are UHF and one is VHF. I moved a while ago, and Ive noticed I was able to get weaker signals at my new location (which is only 1 mile away from where I previously was.) I have a hard time getting adequate signals with it. Sometimes I get it great, other times its like...where did it all go? I dont understand how drastic the change is. i have it placed on the window sill, and the only time it seems to get great signal is when I am touching the antenna, once I let go, all bets are off. Can someone please help me? im already past the return policy timeframe, so i would need to purchase a new one if need be. (my wife will hate that) Outside i have my dish1000 mounted on a 4x4 post outside,*if* i have to get a new one i would like to mount it to that. How difficult is it to add it to the existing dish cabling if need be?

sorry for the long windedness....
X

edited for a couple BAD typos

Digital signals are either perfect or non-existent. You probably live near the lower edge of the signal edge and just moved out side the umbrella.

Look at www.antennaweb.org and prepare for a small outdoor antenna.

yea im in an apartment, i am the maint. supervisor where i live at so i have a lil more freedom than the other people...i have my dish mounted to a 4x4 in the ground right now, and it faces south..i have no real option for anythign to point north, since there is a fence dividing the next property over...plus i have 2 kids, so hehe...last thing i need is something more for them to grab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)