Indy 500 in HD

Nascar did pilot that program last year on one of the bigger races, I can't remember which one, last year. I think it was when TNT had the broadcast, but it might have been ESPN at the end of the year, can't remember for sure... I can only assume that it was a success and so they tried it on the Indy 500 this year. It's a great option for sports racing fans!

The IRL has been doing the "Side By Side" as they call it at least 3 seasons now. It is a by product of the open wheel civil war and nobody watching the races. I say this as an open wheel fan who watched both series and am glad to see a single series.

Miner

I am not a huge car race fan (like most other motorsports though) but, I have to admit the I500 looked AMAZING! I also liked the side-by-side. FWIW, my viewing was jitter/garble free.

I wish we could see a bit more bike races in HD. Speed HAS to be right around the corner right?

What little I saw in HD looked good with no problems, other than the weather nazi's in Tulsa dropping 3/4 of the race to sd so we could have weather crawls. Our ABC is the only station that can't put weather info over the hd feed in Tulsa.

Looked good to me. Shame that the Unified series picked the wrong car of the two to keep.

And its a shame that Milka Duno and Buddy Laizer have rides while Paul Tracy and Nelson Phillipe are at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts