Inexpensive HD FTA receivers from Far East on e-bay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I scan in SES 6 , NSS 806 ,Intelsat 805. AMC 1. Anik F1R . The HD channels that broadcast in Digital Dolby AC-3 the audio did not work.
The receiver work fine on the HD channels that do not broadcast in Digital Dolby AC-3.

Video quality on HD and SD on this receiver is good as the S10.
Blind scan is better then the S10 and very accurate.
The menu is just like the S10. Channel changing if very fast.
If the receiver did the Digital Dolby AC-3 i will say it is better then the Openbox S10.

Schlever, you need to re-check your receiver, if it really does the Digital Dolby AC-3 thru the HDMI and Audio and Video cables to the tv..

Last edited:
I get nothing through the RCA's. I run the box to a RCA modulator as I have an old Tv in my shop. I usually watch create when I'm working in there so had an old HDMI to RCA converter that I hooked up before the modulator. Now I have audio on all the PBS channels so its either coming from the box itself or being decoded in the HDMI to RCA converter. I bought it of ebay from China a year or so and it was less than $5 so not sure if it would have that capability.

Just received my el cheapo no name o`s...I throw in the towel ..No Dolby Digital AC3!!!!..Tried HDMI and RCA,no go either way...I see no way to back up a sat ch list in this box!!!...No way to add manual PIDS!!!..The one thing I say that does work is the switching options..Even works for cascading but with no way to back anything up it is a waist...Still trying to figure out a purpose for this el cheapo no name 0...Wont be a door stop since I do not need a quick trip to the urgent care with a broken toe so it may go straight to the garbage can!!!..chalk it up as a waist!!!!

Digital Dolby License fee is not cheap!!!

Hockeynut,

If you do not have a need for the el cheapo receiver. I am interested on the receiver, let me know.

In polgyver's second photo there is a red coaxial rca connection, does it have output if connected to a sound bar, audio system or TV input?

Reminds me of receivers like my old Pansat 2700A with the S/PDIF.

Hockeynut, i try to send you a PM but your inbox is full.
Sorry bout that DK_Sat..I see that PM`s are now called conversations.Have not visited them since the site change and I do not see a simple option to delete them.Has to be something simple but am not seeing it.Shoot me a PM at Ricks if you would like to get in touch tonight.Other than that I will spend time here figuring it out later in the weekend.

Sorry bout that DK_Sat..I see that PM`s are now called conversations.Have not visited them since the site change and I do not see a simple option to delete them.Has to be something simple but am not seeing it.Shoot me a PM at Ricks if you would like to get in touch tonight.Other than that I will spend time here figuring it out later in the weekend.
Bring up your conversations and click leave conversation.

Thank you KE4EST...What is wrong with using the word delete?...leave can be interpreted in several ways..Delete is pretty much self explanatory ...Anyway PM`s are deleted now DK_SAT.

Reactions: danristheman
Digital Dolby License fee is not cheap!!!
Funny thing...
Not cheap for 120 V AC receivers, but cheap for 12 V DC version?
All channels from 125 W have audio, Dolby or not.
I just hooked up the first receiver which was described in first post. Heatsink temporarily attached, (still waiting for ordered glue).
IMG_0818.JPG

Reactions: wallyhts
I forgot to add, that the biggest asset of these receivers (at least for my friends and customers) is ... the presence of HDMI outlet. In the past, it was always problem to find available RCA inputs, as typically all were occupied by various sources, like VCR, DVD, hard drivers and other devices.
And, typically, all my customers and friends needed only programs from 97 W, broadcasted as SD, not HD

One other thing that does not work on my receiver is the Component video out.
Works fine on HDMI and Audio / Video out.

Check that the STB resolution and refresh setting is not outside the parameter that the component input on your monitor supports. ALI SOC hardware typically is configured so the component resolution can be set as high as 1080p/60hz, but most monitors do not support higher resolution component settings.

Try a 480i/p or 720p setting.

The chipset SDK has a GUI setting for selecting a single active video output mode. This interface may not have been activated in the firmware.

I try the 480i/p and the 720p setting, still the Component video out does not work.

I've got one of these too... I played with a different firmware trying to get the USALS and dolby to work and now I bricked it. Unfortunately I didn't make a copy of the original firmware.

I was wondering if anyone here has a full original firmware .abs file for this stb. I know how to write the flash (flashrom and friends) so no worries I know what I'm doing :)

Thanks!

I've got one of these too... I played with a different firmware trying to get the USALS and dolby to work and now I bricked it. Unfortunately I didn't make a copy of the original firmware.

I was wondering if anyone here has a full original firmware .abs file for this stb. I know how to write the flash (flashrom and friends) so no worries I know what I'm doing :)

Thanks!
Send me your Email address as I have the 3510E_DONZHOU_Russia_20150107.abs file.

Reactions: leti
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)