Info on OTA channels needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Where can I look to find out what OTA channels are available in my area and whether or not they are broadcasting yet? If not when they might be broadcasting?

Any word yet on Voom's new scanning abilities for ota channels or are they still adding channels into the pg by hand?

You can go to Voom's website and click on Use it>program guide and type in your zip code. That will tell you what Voom has mapped to your area.

To find what digital channels are live in your area, go to antennaweb.org and search by zip code. This will also tell you what kind of antenna you need and where your stations broadcast from.

As far as a manual scan feature, I would really really like this. It's supposed to be with the next software upgrade, but I don't know when that's coming out.

You can also go to Titantv.com and fill out there information and they can tell what stations you can receive digitally and which ones will be up in the future.

I know the Voom site lists a channel that I don't receive... not that I want that channel since all it shows are infomericials... but still...

Any word yet on Voom's new scanning abilities for ota channels or are they still adding channels into the pg by hand?
As of a few weeks ago, it was planned for release by the first week of May. That said, they are going to make sure they don't repeat the 5.5c mess; they aren't going to release until they are fairly certain there are no "showstopper" bugs.

Wilt also mentioned they were working to fix the STB's stutter issues with OTA and satellite channels, so that could briefly delay the next software too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)