Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
FYI for the forum:
I just found this in the 4dtv newsgroup on usenet

On Galaxy 13 (G9) have been added to the C-band line up.
>
> VCN 500: CNBC (G9-500) - CNBC signal has been confirmed.
>
> VCN 501: MSNBC (G9-501) - MSNBC signal has been confirmed.
>
> VCN 510: WPIX (G9-510) - WPIX will not be on until later
> this week.
>
> VCN 620: TV Land (G9-620) - Waiting on confirmation of TV
> Land Signal.

We knew about TV land but the rest are news to me......IS VERY POSITIVE FOR C-BAND BUD OWNERS!:)

I just checked and CNBC and MSNBC are there! But for some reason my analog sub is not recognized by the digital channels! Must call my provider...and see what is up!:confused:

Just checked...they are there but not available for sale? To hell with them, I will take the credit and NOT re-sub when they are available! These owners just inconvenience people and do not deserve support IMHO (the 60's in me I guess)
Jeff

Last edited:
According to John Ferguson NPS is going to move the channels they uplink on GB to G9 soon. That would certainly be nice for channel surfing as pretty much all of the channels that can be subscribed, except PT24, would be on sats that are close to each other.

Yep...

iammike said:
According to John Ferguson NPS is going to move the channels they uplink on GB to G9 soon. That would certainly be nice for channel surfing as pretty much all of the channels that can be subscribed, except PT24, would be on sats that are close to each other.

Almost everything I subscribe to is on C3, G9, G5 and G1...less wear on the actuator too!

Big Winds coming again tonight...will move the dish to the East limit and THIS TIME will not forget to turn off allow dish to move for updates for the night!:D

These are DCII channels or in the clear ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

gizzer777 said:
FYI for the forum:
I just found this in the 4dtv newsgroup on usenet

On Galaxy 13 (G9) have been added to the C-band line up.
>
> VCN 500: CNBC (G9-500) - CNBC signal has been confirmed.
>
> VCN 501: MSNBC (G9-501) - MSNBC signal has been confirmed.
>
> VCN 510: WPIX (G9-510) - WPIX will not be on until later
> this week.
>
> VCN 620: TV Land (G9-620) - Waiting on confirmation of TV
> Land Signal.

We knew about TV land but the rest are news to me......IS VERY POSITIVE FOR C-BAND BUD OWNERS!:)

I just checked and CNBC and MSNBC are there! But for some reason my analog sub is not recognized by the digital channels! Must call my provider...and see what is up!:confused:

Just checked...they are there but not available for sale? To hell with them, I will take the credit and NOT re-sub when they are available! These owners just inconvenience people and do not deserve support IMHO (the 60's in me I guess)
Jeff

WyrTwister said:
These are DCII channels or in the clear ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

DCII. I think you have to have AD or another package that contained the channels already. WPIX isn't up yet.

iammike said:

Oh swell...GB is the ONE fricking satellite that I CAN see and they are moving programing off of it!

rayydio, if you're getting GB, I would be extremely surprized if you couldn't get G9. Unless a tree or some other structure is in the way. I get a whopping 99 quality on G9, while it's a meek 81 on GB.

Al

iammike said:
Last night, at least some of the NPS channels on GB had already been added to G9.
Guess it's time for another reboot for new maps to see which ones you are talking about.

Al

EDIT: Did the reboot, there are 5, A&E - Halmark - Lifetime - VH1 - CMT....

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)