Input button for tv not working?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
All I am asking is where to go. You are saying Settings - Remote Manager I just listed every menu option on the Dish, No Settings or Remote Manager I am saying neither of those is there, Has nothing to do with me liking or not liking something.

Just checked my tv menu as well, no settings or remote manager under any tab.

Well it would help if you would specify but screw it as much time as you have wasted here you could have tried all codes so f**k it

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

What DIsh receiver are you using. If it is a Hopper or Hopper with Sling you can program the remote through the receiver. If you have one of the VIP receivers you have to program the remote through the remote and try out every code for your TV. Based on the remote number you listed it is not in the hopper family.

Well it would help if you would specify but screw it as much time as you have wasted here you could have tried all codes so f**k it

Well, I've wasted less than 10 minutes of my time as im just now getting back to it from when I posted it 8 hours ago.I made no mention of Hopper, no one in any post asked if I had hopper.So the only time being wasted has been on started assistance under the assumption i have Hopper.

Yet you still refuse to provide that info but I'm done goodnight

He provided the remote model and the setup is the same for all receivers except the hoppers. Geesh get over yourself, people come here for help, not to be cussed at and put down.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A lesson to the OP (and some of us us making incorrect assumptions), always state your receiver model with your question.

The OP still hasn't told us what receiver he has. If he did it would simplify the search. If I knew, I could go to the page I posted and see if I could find the answer to his question.

The OP still hasn't told us what receiver he has. If he did it would simplify the search. If I knew, I could go to the page I posted and see if I could find the answer to his question.

It actually depends on the remote model. All the remotes/receivers program the same except for the new Hoppers. The input button on my 5.3 remotes controlled the inputs on my Mitsubishi DLP, however when I bought replacement 20.1 remotes, they will not control the inputs of the same Mits tv. Tried all the codes.

However the OP states he has a 21.1 remote which is a learning remote, so he just needs to get the manual for the remote and have it learn the input code from his tv's original remote.

edit: here are the learning instructions

http://www.mydish.com/support/teach-learning-remote-20-21

Last edited:
I used the learning remote section of my old dish manual to program all of my remote controls to do the tv input button and to use the aspect ratio for the tv as well using the same format button as the satellite. It is all in using the learning remote commands.

it's Dish VIP722 DVR sorry didn't get back to it sooner

?posted the remote previously but it's 21.1 ir/uhf

I don't want the remote to control the dvd player etc obviously, I just want to be able to use the input button to be able to change over to the dvd player, wii etc. wouldn't learning make the dish remote control everything?

I was able to do this with the same dish remote on the old tv.just have to figure out how to get the code on new tv/

When you teach the remote you can teach it what you want to teach it. I had it controlling my TV and all the TV functions while in TV mode. I had it controlling a blue ray player and my surround sound while in DVD/AUX modes. I found that much easier than having 3 or 4 remotes.

Got input to work, and now the remote dislearned how to use volume so I have to relearn that. Is there an easier way to do this or do i have to manually check every button to make sure it didn't get dislearned upon something else being learned?

Last edited:
it's Dish VIP722 DVR sorry didn't get back to it sooner

?posted the remote previously but it's 21.1 ir/uhf
I would point out that any specifics about your remote didn't show up until post #14. That's much too late in the game.

As it is, you got your answer at post #2 and the solution will come most quickly from you grinding it out. Best Buy is known for using a large number of remote control code sets with their Insignia branded sets (partially because they use so many different OEMs to build them). I think they do it to keep their sales associates busy.

How are your receiver and dvd player hooked up to your tv? Have your tried press the TV button before pressing the Input. If both are attached to different hdmi ports on the TV, you have to switch the remote to TV mode, I think Did you go to the page I referenced in the on line manual? When I had a 722, I just used the TV remote to switch inputs. Now that I have an avr with multiple hdmi inputs, I use the avr's remote to switch from input to input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)