Insignia BR Player?

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I am getting my parents are BR player for Christmas. BB is selling their Insignia brand: NS-WBRDVD2 for $89. It has WiFi built in, while others with WiFi built in cost around $200.

Anyone have any idea how good this BR player is?

I just got one last week, pretty good price for the wi-fi. Good picture, and has some some features for the price. Of the two brands that BB sells, Insignia is much better then Dinex!

Does anyone know of any other brand of Blue Ray Player with WiFi built in (NOT WiFi Ready) that can stream NetFlix and is less than $150?

I just want to make sure I am not giving my parents a lemon. They have to use WiFi because their router is a good 200 ft away and they do not want to deal with running long cables all over the house or purchasing powerline connections

I have the first generation BD-1 player. It has been reliable, but has a few issues with handshake and video blanking when switching resolutions. I understand the new ones are better.

Sorry I missed this. When the first gen Insignias hit $150 at Bbuy, Dec 2008, I bought one for the in laws and one for my Dad. Both still playing fine, no FW updates, and no disc problems. Crazy isnt it? Samsung cant even do that good.

You can not go wrong with Sony.
Had Insignia DVD recorder with NTSC tuner. It worked fine for many years. People complained that the recorder is a peace of garbage, but the key to success was patience. The player started slowly. Give it time and it recorded beautifully, rush it and it would freeze. At the time I paid $99 on special at BB, it was a bargain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)