Install attempt number 3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did encounter a few issues with our bedroom TV. The remote would not turn off the TV with the Turn off both devices button. But would if I changed the remote to TV mode. The TV would also not display a picture on the screen unless I turned the TV on first, wait a few seconds, then turn on the receiver. Luckily I found a firmware update for the TV that resolved the two or three different issues I was having.

Just checked out the On demand and it kicks ass. The one thing I missed when switching from cable to E*. Already queued up a lot of stuff to download. MRV is damn awesome. So is the ability to set a recording to any DVR from my non-DVR.

I did encounter a few issues with our bedroom TV. The remote would not turn off the TV with the Turn off both devices button. But would if I changed the remote to TV mode. The TV would also not display a picture on the screen unless I turned the TV on first, wait a few seconds, then turn on the receiver. Luckily I found a firmware update for the TV that resolved the two or three different issues I was having.

Just checked out the On demand and it kicks ass. The one thing I missed when switching from cable to E*. Already queued up a lot of stuff to download. MRV is damn awesome. So is the ability to set a recording to any DVR from my non-DVR.

Normally the unit will download the most recent software shortly after it's been activated, then you'll be good to go.

Normally the unit will download the most recent software shortly after it's been activated, then you'll be good to go.

Yea the receiver downloaded the software when he first turned them on. But the firmware update was for my TV. It would not display a picture at all unless I turned on the TV first.

I took a look at the install and it doesn't appear the satellite is grounded. Guess I should call the local retailer tomorrow to make sure they know. Otherwise everything else is looking great!

Or you could just watch it and enjoy it and not worry about it.. Grounding isn't going to affect your TV Watching.

Or you could just watch it and enjoy it and not worry about it.. Grounding isn't going to affect your TV Watching.

Right, but I thought it HAD to be grounded since it can build up static from the wind. With it being right next to where the power comes in our house I would think it might be a good idea if it was.

Right, but I thought it HAD to be grounded since it can build up static from the wind. With it being right next to where the power comes in our house I would think it might be a good idea if it was.

depending on the company you might just need to wait a day or so, the companies in my area ALWAYS send someone out to verify the install was done properly and that is on their checklist along with drip loops and nice neat wire runs. I agree with you though I would want my system grounded.

depending on the company you might just need to wait a day or so, the companies in my area ALWAYS send someone out to verify the install was done properly and that is on their checklist along with drip loops and nice neat wire runs. I agree with you though I would want my system grounded.

if they dont come back out, i may just run a ground myself. Should I run it from the splitter to the ground point or from the dish to the ground point.

if they dont come back out, i may just run a ground myself. Should I run it from the splitter to the ground point or from the dish to the ground point.

Check to see if there's a messenger wire attached to the signal RG-6 (it should be 17 GA) attached to the dish mount bracket and SWM splitter. If there is, you only need to run 10 GA to the splitter. If not - call the installer and ask him if he wants to come back before the supervisor runs a QC on his job.....

Check to see if there's a messenger wire attached to the signal RG-6 (it should be 17 GA) attached to the dish mount bracket and SWM splitter. If there is, you only need to run 10 GA to the splitter. If not - call the installer and ask him if he wants to come back before the supervisor runs a QC on his job.....

Is the messenger wire the small wire the runs alongside the run from the Dish to the splitter? If so, there is not one on this install. My E* install has one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts