Install completed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roseph

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 5, 2009
Somewhere
We just got DirecTV, and it's really nice. Much better than cable, and our signal strengths were all in the high 90s, with some at 100 (one of the transponders was at 68-70, however). We have more options and channels than cable, better signal quality (our cable was severely pixelated and frequently went out) and it all costs less. They gave us such an awesome deal, we couldn't pass it up.

Mandarin Direct III is pretty neat, but I can spot a Korean a mile away... some of these movies are Korean with Traditional Chinese subtitles. :( Overall, I'm happy, but it sucks that they're not broadcasted in HD.

Anyone know if you can mass deny channels on parental controls, and only allow a few select channels?

Why are signal levels higher on my HR dvrs than they are on the D12 standard receivers?

The difference isn't significant, but it's consistently lower on the standard receivers than on the HD DVRs. I just wondered why the same signal would be computed as lower on the standards.

The values shown aren't pure strengths, but a computation of strength with signal quality. As I said, different receivers can compute this differently. I'll leave the details to others.

We had a storm recently, and the sun wasn't shining at all. The picture quality was still going strong, and I don't even know what rain fade looks like. :p Overall, we are very happy with it, more so than with Time-Warner cable. Our picture quality and stability are both pretty great.

I just hope the HD DVRs don't break... renewing our contract would kinda suck.

I would like to add that our installer seemed to be new to his job... he actually asked me how to do some things. I didn't have a problem with that, and was happy to help... everyone has to start somewhere. Despite this, he did an awesome job. We're pretty happy about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts