install dtv4x8 switch signal in one room none when pulling same cord to another room.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pellewk

Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
I am a newbie at this so please bear with me. I have a phase III dish and I hooked up a dtv 4x8 multiswitch. Now when I run a cable from the multiswitch to my receiver I can a perfect signal and picture. If I pull that same cable into a different room about 20 feet away and hook up the same receiver it says searching for signal. This does not make any sense to me at all. Someone mentioned voltage but I am not familiar with how this would affect my signal. any help would be appreciated. and I can give you more specific information also but I just thought I would start with the basics.

Thank you

Any chance that you are stretching the cable in order to get it to the other room? You may have a loose connector that loses connection when pulled a bit.

I'd try a new cable.

Thank you that was it. it was the ends were sometimes making a good connection and sometimes not. I put new ends on the same wire and it worked perfectly. Thank you for your responses.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts