Install help

malligood

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
I currently have a 625 upstairs connected to TV1, TV2 is in my sunroom downstairs. I just purchased a HD set for the sunroom and will be upgrading the 625 to a 722. I want to move the receiver to the sunroom for obvious reasons so that becomes TV1 and upstairs becomes TV2. I know it is not as simple as just moving the receiver, tried that already. Dish wants $59 dollars to come out and do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mack

you have to reverse one diplexer that the one is on the other end of the cable usually junction box

If the cable to your sunroom is RG6 then its not a big deal to move. Usually just a diplexor as volkodav has said. The first diplexor where your receiver is now will go from vhf/uhf to the back of the tv. In the sunroom with the 722 the cable needs to go from SAT to the DPP seperator. BTW, if you are upgrading to a 722 from dish installtion is free. Dont know if you plan on buying a 722 outright, but DIU is only $99.

Could be some of the problem I believe the cable in here is RG59. I'm not sure I follow where you guys are saying to switch the cables, is this outside? Here is the setup now

Single cable out of the wall into a diplexor, Sat side of diplexor feeds a separator, TV side of diplexor feed tuner 2.

RG59 can be used to feeding tv2 but NOT for the sat lines. It will not work. If you have RG59 to your sunroom you will need to run new cable. We are talking about the diplexors you just wrote about.

I'm prepared to take a beating right now...

How long is the RG-59? If it's a short length (say 30 feet or less), it most likely will work.

If the cable to your sunroom is RG6 then its not a big deal to move. Usually just a diplexor as volkodav has said. The first diplexor where your receiver is now will go from vhf/uhf to the back of the tv. In the sunroom with the 722 the cable needs to go from SAT to the DPP seperator. BTW, if you are upgrading to a 722 from dish installtion is free. Dont know if you plan on buying a 722 outright, but DIU is only $99.

I'm through Embarq and they said they would ship the 722 but if they come out it will be a charge. If I am reading your post correctly it sounds like I need to add an additional diplexor in the sunroom and reverse the one upstairs. A picture would be worth a thousand words. :D

Older "tract houses" will only have RG-59 and you are stuck using it, especially the 2 story houses with a concrete slab foundation...and the TV in the middle of the house layout....I have been installing for many years, and have not ONE problem with using "decent quality"... RG-59 - not weather damaged cable. Be sure to change ALL of the connectors to compression fittings and barrels to high frequency, make sure the system is grounded also...

Some of the purists here will not agree, but I have had no problems with any receivers including the 622's and 722's.

The only thing that could happen is using RG-59 "might" give you some interference on TV 2, but changing the TV-2 input to cable channel 116 and modulator settings to air ch 60 usually does the trick....

Got it moved and everything works fine using the current run of RG59,I discovered what my problem was when I tried to move it last week. Thanks for your help.

Mack

Some HD channels Have Faded black line on right side of TV

New PocketDish Arrives.....................DOA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts