Install Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo said:
Now, if he brought in Component Cables instead of Composite, I'd be alright with that, although I would prefer HDMI if possible.

I would always rather have HDMI cables over anything. Easier, better picture, and...well I just like saying HDMI

My HDTV just has a 1 HD DVI and or 2 Component hook-ups, My main DVR is hooked by the HDMI to DVI cable. The guy came back this evening and installed 2 new resistors or whatever those little gray boxes on the input cable are, and now all the channels come in.

My HDTV just has a 1 HD DVI and or 2 Component hook-ups, My main DVR is hooked by the HDMI to DVI cable. The guy came back this evening and installed 2 new resistors or whatever those little gray boxes on the input cable are, and now all the channels come in.

That grey box is the BBC's, Broad band connector, it allows you to get the HD signal ... the H/HR23's and SWM are the only units that don't need them.

Jimbo said:
That grey box is the BBC's, Broad band connector, it allows you to get the HD signal ... the H/HR23's and SWM are the only units that don't need them.

Can I give you a thumbs up!? I do believe I can! Chalk another one up for Jimbo! :D

You guys have been great (If you do say so yourself). But I have questions. Now that I have the 2 boxes in my livingroom (HR24-*** & HR20-700) How can I get them to work without both working at the same time. Someone said something about changing the adresses on the 2 DVR's.. I have no clue what they mean.
Also My HDTV is 6 years old and only has 2 HD inputs #1 is either DVI or Component, #2 is just Component. My Yamaha Surround Sound Receiver has 4 HDMI inputs. Would the picture be better If I ran the 2 dvr's through the Yamaha first and then to the DVI input on the TV?
Or could you tell me of a Forum where installers are that do high end installs of HD systems.
Thanks Again Guys

No need to go to a high-priced company.

Do you know if that Yamaha does full HDMI switching from all ports? (can you post the model?)

If it does, I would suggest running ALL your A/V sources into it (and then using the HDMI monitor out from the Yamaha to the TV and mute the TV audio. Basically using it as a display monitor.

If you need one you can get an adapter cable for about $6. CLICK HERE

as charper1 stated, this would be your cleanest install, however its a moot point, if your current setup is working that is, because the tv is going to downconvert the hdmi signal to dvi if you use that cable. so better pic quality, well in my opinion no, i think it would be the same, other opinions may vary. I may however be able to solve your remote issue, im assuming you have 2 separate dtv remotes both programmed to the one tv. look in the upper left corner of the remotes and grab the one that says rc65rx, notice the R before the x, this is what your looking for, mark this remote in whatever manor you choose to correspond to the HR24, then using that remote turn the tv input to the hr24, and do the following...

menu - settings and help - settings - remote control - ir/rf setup - and change it to rf. Once complete this remote should control only the HR24, and theoretically the other remote should control only the HR20 and would be IR. Im nearly posotive that HR20s needed additional kits to use rf remotes.

*I have the new HDGUI already so the button commands may or may not differ to change from ir to rf, but will be similar.

No need to go to a high-priced company.

Do you know if that Yamaha does full HDMI switching from all ports? (can you post the model?)

If it does, I would suggest running ALL your A/V sources into it (and then using the HDMI monitor out from the Yamaha to the TV and mute the TV audio. Basically using it as a display monitor.

If you need one you can get an adapter cable for about $6. CLICK HERE

Yamaha RX- V567

Plywodstatebum said:
Yamaha RX- V567

Same A/V reciever I'm using. Just hook everything up HDMI and then have 1 HDMI cable running to the tv then use the Yamaha to flip through HDMI inputs

as charper1 stated, this would be your cleanest install, however its a moot point, if your current setup is working that is, because the tv is going to downconvert the hdmi signal to dvi if you use that cable. so better pic quality, well in my opinion no, i think it would be the same, other opinions may vary. I may however be able to solve your remote issue, im assuming you have 2 separate dtv remotes both programmed to the one tv. look in the upper left corner of the remotes and grab the one that says rc65rx, notice the R before the x, this is what your looking for, mark this remote in whatever manor you choose to correspond to the HR24, then using that remote turn the tv input to the hr24, and do the following...

menu - settings and help - settings - remote control - ir/rf setup - and change it to rf. Once complete this remote should control only the HR24, and theoretically the other remote should control only the HR20 and would be IR. Im nearly posotive that HR20s needed additional kits to use rf remotes.

*I have the new HDGUI already so the button commands may or may not differ to change from ir to rf, but will be similar.

After I change the HR24 to RF it goes to a screen to teach you how to program the remote using numbers like it was a generic remote and you have to hold down the mute and try different series of numbers and that didn't do anything.... And the D* rc65rx remote dosen't work anymore. I had to go up to the Box and set it back to IR.
So I guess I'm not understanding.

When you're setting the remote up to RF you need to keep the slider bar on the Directv symbol. You are using the correct remote I'm assuming? This should do it if you follow the directions on the screen to a T. Make sure you do EVERYTHING on the screen exactly how it says. Sometimes setting a remote to RF is tricky

I just sat and tried to set up the remote using the on-screen instructions and I just couldn't do it. I may call support and see if they can walk me though it after the weekend. But I'm pretty stupid so I'll cross my fingers..

Thanks Again Guys

Nah, nobody is stupid! Just something people do better then others! I'm ire you do stuff better then me! On another note, keep trying! You'll get it, first time I did it it took me like an hour!

I figured out they left me the wrong remote for setting up 2 dvr's in the same room. They left me the X and I needed the RX so I ordered one from Fleabay for 12 bucks including everything. D* wanted 30.00 for the remote, They said they can't control what the installer brings.

Plywodstatebum said:
I figured out they left me the wrong remote for setting up 2 dvr's in the same room. They left me the X and I needed the RX so I ordered one from Fleabay for 12 bucks including everything. D* wanted 30.00 for the remote, They said they can't control what the installer brings.

It's true they can't. We're told to only use the RX remote if the setup the customer has requires it. So, yeah that kinda of stinks! Once you get the new one try it and you shouldn't have any problems this time!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts