Please reply by conversation.

Oyving

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 3, 2003
Amboy IL
Hi,

I have 2 receivers hooked up with the XET1001 Powerline system. I can see the guides between them, however when I play a show, it plays for 1-2 seconds and freezes for 10 seconds then repeats. If anyone has any ideas ho to fix this, it would be appreciated!

Gary

I had this same issue with that model until I upgraded to the 200mb model.that solved my problem .

Well I'm pinging @ 2ms, so I thinks it's a clean link. As you say, I'm just using the wrong tools for the right job. I may need to go the DECA route.

Through the software that comes with these adapters what rate are you getting? When I had yours the best I could do was around 25mbps it would fluctuate and I would have these dropouts.got the 200mbps adapters and I atleast had 100mbps and zero dropouts. So you could either upgrade to those or as you said use DECA.

I use the 85Mbs adapters to stream my Slingbox on my LAN and usually have no problems.

Use the Netgear utility and look at the rates you are getting over a period of time. I recently added a long distance outdoor AP to my network. It works fine, but somehow it is interfering the bandwidth available on my Netgear devices. While the bandwidth available is usually 25- 50 mbs on the adapter servicing my Slingbox when the POE adapter for the new AP is plugged in my bandwidth fluctuates and drops frequently to 0 -1 Mbs which freezes my Slingbox stream.

Sounds like you are having the same type of interference issue. Use the utility to confirm the low data rates then see if you can isolate what peice of elctrical equipment is generating the interference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)