Install question for house & guesthouse at same address

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Glad to see all went well ...

I didn't know you could transfer recvrs to a different persons account like that, I've always been told you have to deactivate it and send back, that you can't give it to someone else like that.

I wasn't sure either, and although the installer was fully ready to try it, even he was surprised it went as smoothly as it did; he called in to an internal line at DTV and explained the situation, they got my okay over the phone to transfer it over, we waited a couple of minutes on hold and presto! It was as seamless as it ever could be.

As for the internet, there's just one modem on the property, with a line running to the guest house from the router - and my receiver was connected (and working) previously, so I have no idea what's up. Installer tried a number of things, I may have to post separately in the forum here.

As for the internet, there's just one modem on the property, with a line running to the guest house from the router - and my receiver was connected (and working) previously, so I have no idea what's up. Installer tried a number of things, I may have to post separately in the forum here.

Thanks, was not sure how it was setup. That would not throw up any flags but like Claude said it not a biggie with DTV.

I wasn't sure either, and although the installer was fully ready to try it, even he was surprised it went as smoothly as it did; he called in to an internal line at DTV and explained the situation, they got my okay over the phone to transfer it over, we waited a couple of minutes on hold and presto! It was as seamless as it ever could be.

It may have helped that the receiver we transferred was owned and not on a lease...

Since an owned receiver can be sold to anyone, it can also be transferred to anyone (sold for zero!)

I don't see an issue. Maybe with Dirt Network
I had a problem with dish about using a receiver at another place. I just satellite and never went back . The audits from dish would and check to see if had another receiver at another place. Losing 400,000 customers give them things to worry about and just one receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts