Install Question: Is This A Problem?

NellyBell

Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Hi...

A friend of mine wants to get the iO Triple Play deal for his parents.

They already have Cablevision cable TV service (not the digital), but they don't have any other services from Cablevision. They have had it for many years.

The problem is that they have 2 or 3 TVs hooked up to the cable (inside their own house) that were not hooked up by Cablevision.

I think my friend ran these cables himself a long time ago. I think you are alowed to have a few TVs without paying extra, so I don't think they are breaking any rules although I don't think you are supposed to do this yourself. I don't know what the rules are.

Anyway, his question is that if he gets them the Triple Play deal and has Cablevision install the new service will that get his parents in some kind of trouble?

I told him I didn't think so, but I want to check with someone who knows first. I'm not sure exactly what to tell him. I don't want to say something that will cause him a problem.

If there is an installer here who knows the answer to this, that would be great!

Thanks for any help. :)

no trouble at all, actually, the installer might even upgrade the wiring if theyre old and no good. with the triple play its a 9.95 install for 3 tvs, and 22.00 each extra tv, but it would be silly to pay that, bc.....you can run the wires yourself!

Yes you can run your own lines, does not matter, the problem is when it comes to a problem, if CV did not run the line they want fix it free. Like they would one of there own lines. But hopefully with the install the guy will put some new ones in and CV will cover them.

Thanks for all the help!

Do you know how many TVs are included in the Triple Play deal in terms of the basic monthly charge?

If you want to have more TVs connected do you have to pay extra each month or can you have as many TVs as you want included in the same price.

Thanks again for the great help!

There's an FCC regulation (circa early 1990's) that says the cable co. cannot charge for any additional sets connected to analog cable.

Thanks ... that's an interesting fact. But does it apply to the iO plan? Isn't that a digital service?

There is no extra charge as long as you don't use a box on the other TV's, but you wouldn't get all of the channels. You have to pay for each box and remote ($6.50) and there is a monthly charge to replicate premium programming on additional sets. The charge is $5.00 in NYC and $1.50 everywhere else. It is only charged once no matter how many additional sets with boxes you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)