Install Question VIP 722K

barco13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Kansas City Metro
First post here so go easy on me :) I am having Dish installed tomorrow & am supposed to get a Duo VIP 722k. I have been reading a little about this receiver here, but still had some questions I was hoping the experts on here could help me out with.

My main TV is in my basement & is HD so I plan on making this TV1
My 2nd TV is upstairs and is also HD, but as a cost saving measure plus to gain DVR functionality, I opted to not get an HD receiver for the 2nd TV so I guess that will make it TV2 (this TV is mainly used for kids shows)

1. Can the 722k support more than 2 TVs? It looks like it includes 2 remotes & I thought you could only have 2 TVs connected, but then I saw some posts that made it sound like you could hook additional TVs up?
2. Does the 722k connect to the internet for on demand purposes? If so, do I need to purchase a wi-fi adapter or something (assuming it is not included)? My router is upstairs.
3. I'm assuming the installer will run coax from the receiver to TV2? Any comments on picture quality doing this? or is there a way to make that feed HD?
4. Does the receiver have to be connected to a phone line? I'm assuming it does not.
5. Lastly, any must know information I should make sure happens with the install?

Thanks so much!!!!

Dag nabbit... I just answered these questions in another post. This is a double post, but with slightly different questions. Any way to merge, oh benevolent mods?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)