Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottc98

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Columbus, OH
All,

Got a couple of quick questions on installing a dish.

1) when grounding the coax, does it matter on where it is grounded (i.e before switches, right before receiver, closest to LNB, etc)
2) Another grounding question: Need to ground coax, dish, motor <if used>. Anything else?
3)I know that universal LNB's work with Disqec switches but not 22mhz switches. But......what if I have 8 lnbs (4 univ, 4 standard). the standards on one 4x1 disqec, the 4 univ on another. combined with one 2x1 22mhz switch with the Univ on the "ON" and the standard on the "OFF". Shouldn't this work if I set the univ lnb settings to 10600 w/22mhz on? Granted I lose the low band, but if the sats I point to doesn't have any it shouldn't matter right?
4) do analog receivers work with universal LNBS? got a Houston Tracker 4 and a GE (will update model). If not, can I slave it off a receiver that is using a univ but with 10600, ON?

Thanks!

2) Another grounding question: Need to ground coax, dish, motor <if used>. Anything else?
coax & dish is fine

3)I know that universal LNB's work with Disqec switches but not 22mhz switches. But......what if I have 8 lnbs (4 univ, 4 standard). the standards on one 4x1 disqec, the 4 univ on another. combined with one 2x1 22mhz switch with the Univ on the "ON" and the standard on the "OFF". Shouldn't this work if I set the univ lnb settings to 10600 w/22mhz on? Granted I lose the low band, but if the sats I point to doesn't have any it shouldn't matter right?
nope. Wont work. You can only have one 22k in the setup and the Universals use that. Use standard LNB's. I just swapped out a Universal for a standard so I could do 8 LNB's too :)

4) do analog receivers work with universal LNBS? got a Houston Tracker 4 and a GE (will update model). If not, can I slave it off a receiver that is using a univ but with 10600, ON?

it will work but its a b**ch because the frequency is off by 150mhz...also you wont get above channel 18 on the reciever because of the frequencies.
Analog starts at 11720 (for both TP1 & 2) and goes up in 20k steps
so TP24 is 12180

but since the LO is 150mhz lower, the channels will be off and TP 1-7 will be useless.

I am suprised that wont work (universal set up). The receiver would sent a 22mhz tone to the 2x1, switching it to the "ON" position. Is the tone not carried past the switch? I assumed that the tone would pass through, therefore carrying it to the 4x1 disqec w/ the universals. Setting it to 10600 and ON works without a switch.

Only standard I have is my Invacom Quad. Hate to waste it at SBS6 :) Might have to make a run to sadoun for some standards

I am suprised that wont work (universal set up). The receiver would sent a 22mhz tone to the 2x1, switching it to the "ON" position. Is the tone not carried past the switch? I assumed that the tone would pass through, therefore carrying it to the 4x1 disqec w/ the universals. Setting it to 10600 and ON works without a switch.

The tone can only do one thing and that would be to turn the switch on. Once it gets past there, the tone can't do it again (sadly)

I've tried it a few times (hooking a Universal to a 22k switch) and it won't hit the upper frequencies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)