Install Scheduled..Chances of getting HR44 vs HR34?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ETF is $20 per remaining months left on your 24 month commitment.
$20 x 12 months = 240

Thanks, do they ever included any of the freebies they give you in the ETF? Like Sunday Ticket, Costco $200 gift card....It seems like those two alone cover the ETF fee value wise even if you paid it in full.

I got really really lucky today and got the best tech. I canceled my service exactly a year ago and a customer again today.

Tech told me all of Vegas has been a testing market and all customers get the newest equipment. I did not ask or anything and got HR44, C41 and extra HD DVR HR24.

The tech re-did the cable run from dish to jack along to house because the desert sun was making it crack and discolored. He put on better quality cable and even upgraded my dish, I thought I had the newer dish since it was 3yo, but it was upgraded. Last big surprise was the tech gave me a 2nd Video bridge at no extra charge. I only have 1 Wifi Client , so I'm cool with 2 bridges if I ever have a TV outside.

I'm super lucky and hear lot of horror stories. The C41 wifi client is fast and great, no issues so far.

My installation was scheduled today between 8a-12noon. The multiband van pulled in at 8:15am, after an automated call from DirecTv to let me know his approximate ETA.
The tech said he "wasn't sure" if he had an HR-44 with him or not, because "they just loaded up my truck for me this morning". I took him on a tour of the tv locations, again mentioning that I was interested in the HR-44,
stating that the ability of the HR-44 to connect via wireless network was one of the reasons that I was interested in one. I think I mentioned it one more time in our conversation, as well. He went to his truck and started moving boxes around and stated that he had one HR-44 that he was able to install. I am relieved. He is going to change out at least one cable that he thought might be problematic.

So how many appointments do you have to go through before they will have a HR 44 with them?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So the DTV guy came to install Friday and i was very surprised that he could not find a signal! When i bought the house in 2007 there was a DTV dish on the roof but i never activated it and called dish instead for service. He said the neighbors tree was killing me and that is the direction i remember the dish being point in. Maybe the thing has grown a lot higher in 7yrs!

So they said there were going to send out a 2nd tech to look for a signal but there is no way he is going to find one unless it is in my front yard...which aint happening

So i called dish just and told them i had it installed already :)

They offered

Free upgrade to latest 2nd Gen hopper (which i have been trying to for a year now!)
Free upgrade to Super Joey
Another year of cinemax for a penny a month..

I had to sign up for a new 24 but was also surprised there ETF is much lower than i thought. It is $10 per month of remaining contract if you cancel. That is pretty good.

While YMMV, when we ordered an upgrade to our HD system to Genie and mini wireless while keeping our existing HR20-100, I specifically asked for an HR44 on the order. After calling DirecTV a time or two while awaiting our appointment (which was last Saturday), two CSRs and one supervisor (dealing with another issue) confirmed that the majority of upgrades (presumably new installs as well) were going out with HR44s anytime that a Genie system was requested.

Heck, our installer even gave us a SWM16 and stated that all of their upgrade orders were defaulting to this sizable switcher instead of a SWM8 for the purposes of future upgrades at a customer premise.

So, at least in the Atlanta area, we seem to be getting HR44s, and yes, it is nice. I'd just recommend that you specifically have DirecTV notate your account as such, even though it really does all come down to what the tech has.

Also, was called 3 times by DirecTV via automated call by appointment; tech did call prior to showing up; then, had a fourth follow-up automated survey call. The third call was funny in that I took it while the tech was literally installing the SWM16; told her that DirecTV was expecting her to be out in half an hour -- we both laughed.

Personally, I'd rather DirecTV over-communicate with me instead of potentially dropping the ball.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)