Install SWM dish with anntena

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john510

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2013
United States
I am installing a Slimeline swm dish but I all so adding a outdoor HD anntena on the pole below .. what do I need to integrat the 2 together ? a diplexer ? if so how do I run that ,,,,before or after the 4 way swm splitter ?????

You need to add a AM21 OTA tuner to your set up in order to do this.

what do those look like and where can I get one,, MY TV is new and it has 2 hdmi 's which one is going for the directv unit , 1 cable hookup which has cable tv on it and 1 pc hookup

The AM21 hooks into your existing D* recvr.

When looking at this link, the AM21 is the black box sitting on top of the D* recvr.
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=am21&d=directv-am21n-off-air-dual-tuner-(am21)&sku=8546300063

Ok I seen one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIRECTV-AM2...048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416477eff0

is this something that I have to have service on with dtv ? or is it just a another side unit for the signal form the separate coax feeding the HD antenna?

Since it runs through the Directv box, you need to have an active account.

Ok thats fine..but is it something that I tell directv about and they have to turn on? or is it just put on a active box ? after all this is a antenna..

Nope, you don't need to tell D* anything about it ... plug it in, run thru the Set up and your good to go.

Ok thats fine..but is it something that I tell directv about and they have to turn on? or is it just put on a active box ? after all this is a antenna..

It's NOT an antenna, it's a tuner. You still need to buy an off-air antenna that is appropriate for your location and the stations you want to receive.

I'm pretty sure if you change the order to slimline and add a Swm8 multi switch you can diplex the ota out at the box and into the am21. I'll have to check out my book later for model numbers. And to verify mrv compatibility. Although vhf bands usually end around 211 I think.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If you diplex OTA you should put band stop filters at every receiver to disable any possibility of coax networking that might try to coexist in the same frequencies.

Are you able to diplex an OTA over the sat feed between the dish, and the swim? Put up an antenna for FM, and would like to get it into the house without running a separate coax.

Are you able to diplex an OTA over the sat feed between the dish, and the swim? Put up an antenna for FM, and would like to get it into the house without running a separate coax.

No. SWM needs its own line due to frequency spectrums. OTA and SWM use the same ones

Edit: to be clear, MRV and OTA use the same

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)