Becoming a "new' customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bigotries

Original poster
Jun 1, 2013
Ky
I have had Direct service for a couple years and am through my promotional discounts and commitment period. I've been pleased with the service and equipment, I had Dish before but the receivers quite frequently would overheat, even with a fan and proper ventilation. I want the current 3 year lock in deal that includes the Genie upgrade and NFL Sunday ticket. I've called customer service and they will give me some discounts but not the current deal. My plan is to call in to cancel service and see if they give in, if not cancel it. Then I will have my wife sign up as a new customer, she is not on the current account. Think this will work? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Also not sure if you can re-activate receivers that have been cancelled, thus you'll have to get new ones ?? Don't quote me on that but I thought I read that somewhere on this forum

It would most likely work if you went the online route and we're willing to be without tv for a week or so between disconnect and new install.

As far as they should be concerned, you no longer want pay tv, and told your wife if she does, then get it and pay for it.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Also not sure if you can re-activate receivers that have been cancelled, thus you'll have to get new ones ?? Don't quote me on that but I thought I read that somewhere on this forum

I would say that if he does this, he, and they, would treat it as a completely new install. He would have to send the old equipment back, and have them bring him new receivers.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You could do that.... Might want to order it through a retailer/dealer . We have to add an apartment number to a house address to get past the system restrictions for same address installs for instance if a customer just moved in and the previous owner had service at that address. Should work.

SIG

You could do that.... Might want to order it through a retailer/dealer . We have to add an apartment number to a house address to get past the system restrictions for same address installs for instance if a customer just moved in and the previous owner had service at that address. Should work.

SIG

That should work. Have added "lot 2a" when "moving" for locals. Never had an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Use her maiden name. Should work just fine. If not go through a different third party like Costco.

A friend of mine got divorced a few months ago. They had Directv in her name. She moved & he stayed, however at her new house she went with Dish & canceled Directv.

He called me to sign up with D*, it went through & then I got an email the following day flagging the account for fraud.

I called retail services & he called as well. They were wanting his ex to provide a utility bill with her new address before they would release the account to build a new 1 at his address.

Rather than jump through their hoops I installed E* for him instead.

If you want to do this. Have the new system installed before canceling the old 1. Less chance of anything getting flagged at that point. However you would have to use a different address.

Thanks for all the input, my wife thinks I'm going to screw this up and cost us more in the end. It seems if I cancel my account, Direct would not refuse her an account at the same address, makes no sense from a $ standpoint, they would have a guaranteed account for 3 years. The apt and lot idea at the same address is interesting. Thanks for all the input, have a good evening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts