Install using 2 6X8 HD multi switches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny33156

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
They are not making the 16/way powered multi switch any more.
I recently did two jobs.
The first job the customer had a 3-sat dish with 2 cables going from the LNB to an 8/way powered multi switch. He wanted to add 4 more tuners.
We did not have a tall enough ladder to reach the LNB and he was happy with the channels that he was receiving.
We connected the 2 ouputs of the 3-sat LNB to 2 high frequency 2/way all ports power passive splitters. We then connected the output of the left side of the
first 2/way splitter to the LNB input of a 2X8 multi switch and the right side of the first 2/way splitter to the LNB input of a 2X4 multi switch. I did the same thing with the 2nd two way splitter. I then connected 12 tuners to the two multi switches. All channels worked fine.

The 2nd job.
We connected the 4 LNB outputs of a slime line 5-sat dish to four 2/way all ports power passive splitters. Again the left side of all 2/way splitters to the first 6x8 HD multi switch, the right side of the 2/way to the 2nd 6X8 multi switch.
All channels came in but there was some freezing on some of the HD channels.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening.
I've seen 16/way multi switches cascading from one to the other.
I wanted to do this with three 8/way multi switches but I was told that you could cascade a 16/way because it is powered but not an 8/way because it is not powered.

The 2nd job.
We connected the 4 LNB outputs of a slime line 5-sat dish to four 2/way all ports power passive splitters. Again the left side of all 2/way splitters to the first 6x8 HD multi switch, the right side of the 2/way to the 2nd 6X8 multi switch.
All channels came in but there was some freezing on some of the HD channels.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening.
I've seen 16/way multi switches cascading from one to the other.
I wanted to do this with three 8/way multi switches but I was told that you could cascade a 16/way because it is powered but not an 8/way because it is not powered.

I believe you will need at least a diode steered high frequency splitter. Holland offers them in 2, 3 or 4 way.

Will these splitters really make a difference with the freezing problem on the HD channels which I imagine is because not enough signal.
Have you used these splitters before to split the 4 outputs on a HD LNB to two
8/way multi switches.

Thanks for any help...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts