Install was yesterday....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpaulstc

Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Salisbury, MD
i had my directv installed yesterday and everything was working fine until i got home today and i get the searching for satellite error. i get zeros on the meter on both transponders. so i called the service center and the only time they can fix it is wed between 12 and 4, so i tell them i work until 3:30 is it possible to have someone there at 4 and he said they don't schedule after 4. so they schedule it for sunday between 12 and 4. i am really pissed about being without a tv until sunday. anyone have any suggestions? sorry don't mean to vent but urgh!

thanks
shane

i had my directv installed yesterday and everything was working fine until i got home today and i get the searching for satellite error. i get zeros on the meter on both transponders. so i called the service center and the only time they can fix it is wed between 12 and 4, so i tell them i work until 3:30 is it possible to have someone there at 4 and he said they don't schedule after 4. so they schedule it for sunday between 12 and 4. i am really pissed about being without a tv until sunday. anyone have any suggestions? sorry don't mean to vent but urgh!

thanks
shane

Where are you ?
What rec's are you using , are they both not getting any signal ? If you have more than one.
Is everything out, HD and SD ?

Jimbo

i am in salisbury md. i have the hd dvr and the regular receiver on the other tv...no signal at all and no channels at all.

no signal at all and no channels at all, On either rec ?

What kind of signal did you have yesterday when it did work ?

Jimbo

Did you get some snow on the dish? I had to brush mine off earlier this week with much show flying in with a north wind.

Not common that a little snow will knock it out, but brought me to zero across the board this weekend.

went on the roof yesterday and when the tech installed the dish he forgot to tighten the 3 bolts that keep the dish moving side to side. all is good know. thanks for everyones help.

shane

I'd keep the service call to make sure all is good unless your comfortable that you have it handled.

I'd keep the service call to make sure all is good unless your comfortable that you have it handled.
+1

The original installer needs to get dinged for this failure. While not likely, there may have been something else that was neglected/forgotten. You were supposed to get a professional installation and, by golly, you should get one!

There is also a chance that the peaking wasn't optimal if the sleeve was loose.

definatley have a tech come out to re-dither the dish that would be an incomplete install and he/she would get dinged for service within 7

went on the roof yesterday and when the tech installed the dish he forgot to tighten the 3 bolts that keep the dish moving side to side. all is good know. thanks for everyones help.
shane

I'm not one for beating a dead horse, but this is so common with lazy tech's especially since they added the fine tune adjustments combined with the lockdown bolts (of which there are two sets for both vertical & horizontal). As heavy as the dish is, it will be just fine without locking down the bolts until you get the first gust of wind. Conversely, I've seen people try to use the fine tune bolt before untightening the lockdown bolts & they snap very easy.

I hope you were paying attention to what he was doing because that little bit of knowledge can help you realign should the need arise in the future.

I'm not one for beating a dead horse, but this is so common with lazy tech's especially since they added the fine tune adjustments combined with the lockdown bolts (of which there are two sets for both vertical & horizontal). As heavy as the dish is, it will be just fine without locking down the bolts until you get the first gust of wind. Conversely, I've seen people try to use the fine tune bolt before untightening the lockdown bolts & they snap very easy.

I hope you were paying attention to what he was doing because that little bit of knowledge can help you realign should the need arise in the future.

How the hell you know the tech was lazy, He could have been tired and made a mistake. I gone behind other techs and I can tell the difference between a mistake and laziness.

The first few hundred installations are a little daunting but after a while they just fall into place. Loose bolts is a first thing to check.

BTW the HSP sub that serves Salisbury, MD pays $40.00 for the first receiver and $15.00 for each additional. Sometimes I find his ads and accidentally call because I didn't recognize the number. There may be others.

Joe

you can request for a late pm service. from 4 to 6 dtv does not offer it but they will put it down in the notes. and when the tech gets the email he will know to come after 4. your welcome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)