installation concern.

labatiz

Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
I have had voom for about 4 to 5 month and I have not had one single problem since installation. So I decide to go to my roof and check out the install job Installs Inc. did. So my question is this, is it common for the installer to drill thru a shingle roof and for the wires to be nailed to the shingled roof. My concern is that if for some reason I cancel I will have these big hole on my roof. I am also concern with water leaking. I had my roof replace about a year ago and it cost a pretty penny.

labatiz said:
I have had voom for about 4 to 5 month and I have not had one single problem since installation. So I decide to go to my roof and check out the install job Installs Inc. did. So my question is this, is it common for the installer to drill thru a shingle roof and for the wires to be nailed to the shingled roof. My concern is that if for some reason I cancel I will have these big hole on my roof. I am also concern with water leaking. I had my roof replace about a year ago and it cost a pretty penny.

as long as they put silcone or bishop tape you will be ok and if you cancel they will only take your rec. and remote. but no they should not have nailed the wires to the roof. but if they sealed they should be ok.

Actually positioning it ON your roof with the OTA is probably the best way, as TYORK said as long as it's sealed you should be fine. I think you should always be able to throw two shingles on just that side to fix it if you ever decide to get rid of HDTV in your house (why in the hell would you do that anyway? That's like saying, hey if I get rid of my car tires would it look wierd?) :)

The Home Centers carry a roof caulking cement. I removed some quide wires leaving a hole from an anchor. I bought the black cement and loaded up the hole. Works great and no leaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts