Installation didn't happen. Advice?

My first dish install was scheduled and canceled on Saturday. There was an F1 race the following Sunday. I hopped in the car, went to Home Depot and bought a ladder. When I got up to the roof line it looked like a tree might obstruct LOS soon. Did a quick site survey and found an appropriate backyard location. Back to Home Depot. Bought a 5 gallon bucket, short section of galvonized fence post and bag of quick dry cement. As soon as I got home, I mixed cement in the 5 gallon bucket. Let it dry for about 15 minutes and then inserted the pole using a level for alignment. Went out back with a shovel and dug a hole the same size as the bucket. After running the wire, I lowered the bucket in to the hole, leveled and secured it. Installed the dish on the pole adjusting as best I could to the approximate satellite location. Wife was inside watching the signal strength meter on TV via the sat receiver. We communicated with walkie talkies to find the best signal. Word of caution here - very small movements produce dramatic changes. After about 15 minutes of tuning, I tightened everything down. Figured I could bury cable at a later date. The next morning I swear the picture was so good I could see Schumacher blink. So yes, you can self install, but it may take a while.

what channel is showing HD F1 races on Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)