Installation Frustration

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beastridge

Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
:rant: Was scheduled for install today between 8 and 12. So I took half of the day off for this and planned on going to work at 1. Got up this morning and was ready at 8 for the tech. Around 10 I finally decided to call. Nice lady told me he would not be there til 12, but would have him call me. He called and said it would indeed, be around 12. He also told me that the HR24s I had asked for were not in stock. :mad: So I told him I would have to reschedule. Earliest they could do was 8/31. :mad: That is almost one month away. :mad: That is freaking ridiculous. :rant: The nice lady who scheduled me said she would note my account, to call me when they get the HR24s in and see if they can install any sooner. I hope that they can do it sooner than what is scheduled. Is there any way to make it happen sooner?

I warned everyone about holding out for 24 models. I told you guys it could bite you in the butt.

If you insist on waiting for them, then you will just have to wait.

:rant: Was scheduled for install today between 8 and 12. So I took half of the day off for this and planned on going to work at 1. Got up this morning and was ready at 8 for the tech. Around 10 I finally decided to call. Nice lady told me he would not be there til 12, but would have him call me. He called and said it would indeed, be around 12. He also told me that the HR24s I had asked for were not in stock. :mad: So I told him I would have to reschedule. Earliest they could do was 8/31. :mad: That is almost one month away. :mad: That is freaking ridiculous. :rant: The nice lady who scheduled me said she would note my account, to call me when they get the HR24s in and see if they can install any sooner. I hope that they can do it sooner than what is scheduled. Is there any way to make it happen sooner?

Is this an Upgrade or a new install from scratch ?

You could always order a HR 24 from a vendor and have it in a few days, Solid Signal still have them in stock.

DIRECTV HR24 High Definition DIRECTV PLUS MPEG-4 DVR (HR24) HD DVR - DIRECTV - HR24 -

New install from scratch. I ordered through Direc because of the promotion. I guess I could call some local installers and see if they could give me the same deal. Do you think that would be possible? If so, will it be a problem canceling one installation and starting a new one?

New install from scratch. I ordered through Direc because of the promotion. I guess I could call some local installers and see if they could give me the same deal. Do you think that would be possible? If so, will it be a problem canceling one installation and starting a new one?

If you do that, I would look at the local installation guys, who ever you have in your city, it's possible that they can match your promos or prices, all depends.

As far as calling a vendor like Solid Signal, you won't get the recvr any cheaper than what is listed on the website.

My local installer had all the same deals as D* did online. I held out for the 24s and had to wait as well. It was only a week, but well worth the wait.

Yes, you were the patient one, I'm sure they appreciate that too. :D

Yea, but most of the patience wasn't waiting for the HR24. It was to get someone to do a complete install of equipment. :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)