Installation help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cowboys31

Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
I just recently moved and have been trying to get directv hooked up at my new house. I am surrounded by trees and do not have a very good line of sight. I am willing to cut or trim trees to allow for installation because I do not want to live without the NFL package. However the installation guys they sent out do not want to work with me ause they just want a simple installation. Is there any place that I an get a step by step installation guide to do this myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Trees are a deal breaker,

Cut down the trees or make nice with the cable folks.........If you are in Texas ( a guess) your line to the sats in around 180 or south. Which trees will you and your neighbors not miss?
OR......how high can you build a tower?
The last time I wasted an hour explaining to a customer how many trees had to come down he got angry at me. The installation companies used to pay the installer $25.00 for what was called a NLOS.......No Line OF Sight....Now they ask that installers put up with the crap for free. My practice is to let the folks know I have arrived and am leaving. Let DTV give an azmuth to the tree guys.
Customers have sued installation companies and techs for suggesting cutting down the wrong trees. And I have seen deals where the tech did not know which trees were in the line of sight........

Don't shoot the messenger,

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts