Installation in Raleigh, NC...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dzyngwmn

Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
Has anyone in Raleigh had a successful installation of the 5LNB system? I had a second appointment last Saturday for the upgrade (they didn't show up for the first) and they didn't show up for this one either. I now have a third appointment for this Saturday. I called Customer Retention and they gave me back the money I paid for the equipment plus some free programming. The CSR intimated that they are having some problems with techs keeping their appointments. It's unbelievable!!

dzyngwmn said:
Has anyone in Raleigh had a successful installation of the 5LNB system? I had a second appointment last Saturday for the upgrade (they didn't show up for the first) and they didn't show up for this one either. I now have a third appointment for this Saturday. I called Customer Retention and they gave me back the money I paid for the equipment plus some free programming. The CSR intimated that they are having some problems with techs keeping their appointments. It's unbelievable!!

My install is set for this Wednesday 8-noon. Should be interesting. :D

I had the 5 LNB installed back in May and my install was perfect. The installer could not have done and better job and was also nice enought to give helpfull information.

nzone said:
I had the 5 LNB installed back in May and my install was perfect. The installer could not have done and better job and was also nice enought to give helpfull information.

Where was your dish installed? Was it on a pole?

ejdowden said:
Where was your dish installed? Was it on a pole?
I had him mount it to my deck where it is not noticeable. I would definitely be there to talk to the guy and let him know where you want it and if it is possible.

One of my neighbors has had his for several months. He had no issues when I asked him about it. We are in Durham though.

Ted

I have had mine since April,mounted on deck.No problem with install,but now that locals are up I can't get them.I get the searching for signal message.I hope it's just an adjustment.Installer said it was the first he had installed.I have to call,been too busy to take off.

Anyone know if they added CBS WRAL or FOX WRAZ to the HD locals package yet in Raleigh?

I had my install yestreday and the guys did a great job. They came in a DirecTV van, and had DirecTV photo IDs clipped to their DirecTV shirts. They mounted the 5LNB dish on the edge of my roof and the guy was able to hit the roof joists with all 6 bolts. It is very solid. Althought he recommended a pole mount, he said that this was the best roof mount he had ever done. He said my house is very well built ;-).

The signal strength on my old SD recievers and the new HD DVR are actually higher than they were with my old dual LNB dish. There I had low 90s and now I have high 90s on 101, 110 and 119. The H20 box reads lower (as we know it should) on these but the 103 numbers are consistent. The 99 sat is not getting any signal and the installer said hopefully when D* turns it on the dish will do fine but it may need to be re-peaked.

So in the end I got 5LNB dish, H20, HD DVR, new multiswitch, 4 months HD programming, and a professional competent install team totally free.

I'm a happy D* Customer.

Hoopty said:
Anyone know if they added CBS WRAL or FOX WRAZ to the HD locals package yet in Raleigh?

I only have ABC 11, NBC 17 and WB 22 in HD. WRAL TV5 (CBS) and FOX50 are still not in HD on D*.

ejdowden said:
I had my install yestreday and the guys did a great job. They came in a DirecTV van, and had DirecTV photo IDs clipped to their DirecTV shirts. They mounted the 5LNB dish on the edge of my roof and the guy was able to hit the roof joists with all 6 bolts. It is very solid. Althought he recommended a pole mount, he said that this was the best roof mount he had ever done. He said my house is very well built ;-).

The signal strength on my old SD recievers and the new HD DVR are actually higher than they were with my old dual LNB dish. There I had low 90s and now I have high 90s on 101, 110 and 119. The H20 box reads lower (as we know it should) on these but the 103 numbers are consistent. The 99 sat is not getting any signal and the installer said hopefully when D* turns it on the dish will do fine but it may need to be re-peaked.

So in the end I got 5LNB dish, H20, HD DVR, new multiswitch, 4 months HD programming, and a professional competent install team totally free.

I'm a happy D* Customer.

I glad you got a good deal and are happy with the install. BTW, 99 (Spaceway 2) is live already. You may not be close enough to any of the spot beams to show a signal.

raoul5788 said:
I glad you got a good deal and are happy with the install. BTW, 99 (Spaceway 2) is live already. You may not be close enough to any of the spot beams to show a signal.

Now that you mention it, I think I recall seeing in another thread that the 99 is now active. What locals are on it?

ejdowden said:
Now that you mention it, I think I recall seeing in another thread that the 99 is now active. What locals are on it?

Just wait. 99 is rather low for my area because nothing been turn on yet for it.

Raleigh Install Update: Well, here it is... Saturday afternoon, after 4pm, THIRD Direct TV upgrade appointment and no one has shown up or called. And money says they won't. I tried calling the local number but no one answers. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!! If I cancel my service, the only alternative I have is Dish and the packages don't look that great. I'll call Customer Retention again after 5pm but I don't what they can do. Doesn't D* have any quality control over their contractors? This is making me crazy!!

dzyngwmn said:
Raleigh Install Update: Well, here it is... Saturday afternoon, after 4pm, THIRD Direct TV upgrade appointment and no one has shown up or called. And money says they won't. I tried calling the local number but no one answers. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!! If I cancel my service, the only alternative I have is Dish and the packages don't look that great. I'll call Customer Retention again after 5pm but I don't what they can do. Doesn't D* have any quality control over their contractors? This is making me crazy!!

Call up retention. Be nice and tell them your problem. They will likely offer you a bunch of free programming for your inconvenience. Sounds like your local installer sucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)