Installation of Directv International Dish 36''

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cooldmitriy

Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
I am going to install DirecTV 36'' international dish with 95 and 101 LNBs. Does anyone have proper elevation, azimuth and skew for zip code 19116 (Philadelphia, PA).

Thank you all in advance:hatsoff:

Do you have the manual that came with it? It should have a table with zip code ranges and the correct settings in it. That will probably be your best bet. I can't find the manual online or any other tool that gives the settings for that particular dish. Maybe someone else knows a better place besides the manual. Sorry.

-Dan

International Dish - Size

Hi!

I am a long-time Dish Network SuperDish subscriber wanting to switch to DirecTv International. I read a lot here about the pitfalls of getting a good install of the DirecTv International Dish. I had a few questions:

1) Do I still need to get a 36" dish?
2) How does the D* Intl. dish size compare to a SuperDish from E*?
3) My SuperDish was installed FREE by E* on the roof. Can I get something similar from D*?
:confused:

Thanks.

-Kevin

dish_dtv said:
Hi!

1) Do I still need to get a 36" dish?
2) How does the D* Intl. dish size compare to a SuperDish from E*?
3) My SuperDish was installed FREE by E* on the roof. Can I get something similar from D*?
:confused:

Thanks.

-Kevin

1) Yes
2) About the same size
3) Yes

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the info. One follow-up question. Some of the posters mentioned the impossibility/difficulty of a roof-mount. Is that still true?

I live in a single-family home (1-story) and my E* SuperDish is mounted on the roof. Hopefully, from your comments, D* installers should not have any trouble mounting another dish on the roof.

-Kevin

dish_dtv said:
Thanks for the info. One follow-up question. Some of the posters mentioned the impossibility/difficulty of a roof-mount. Is that still true?

I live in a single-family home (1-story) and my E* SuperDish is mounted on the roof. Hopefully, from your comments, D* installers should not have any trouble mounting another dish on the roof.

-Kevin

They will probably use the same pole
your super dish sits on

wolfmanwordspellededitedeq0.jpg

dish_dtv said:

-Kevin
That will depend on what type of dish you will has. If it is the 36" round dish make from Aspen Eagle, iy only require 1 5/8 size pole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)