Installation Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lanman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
How many cables do I need going from my satellite in to my house for a HR-20 and 4 standard DRVs?

Thanks

How many cables do I need going from my satellite in to my house for a HR-20 and 4 standard DRVs?

Thanks

Hi... I'm a new customer and I know that on mine they used a 4X8 switch. 4 RG-6 lines from the slimline to the switch, then one out to each D11 and H-20 but two to the HD DVR.

HTH:cool:

I am concerned because they call the dish a "Five LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish". I assumed that I would would need 5 lines from the Dish going into my house.

Dan

I guess that is my question. Right now with Dish I have 3 cables for the 3 LNBs coming into my house to a switch that distributes the signal to my 4 receivers (5 turners total). Does DirecTV require 5 LNBs meaning I would need to have 5 cables going from my dish to my DirecTV switch in my closet?

Thanks for the info.

I guess that is my question. Right now with Dish I have 3 cables for the 3 LNBs coming into my house to a switch that distributes the signal to my 4 receivers (5 turners total). Does DirecTV require 5 LNBs meaning I would need to have 5 cables going from my dish to my DirecTV switch in my closet?

Thanks for the info.
Only 4 if you are using a Slimline need to go to the MS the 110 satellite is combined with the 119 signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)