Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lanman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
How many cables do I need going from my satellite in to my house for a HR-20 and 4 standard DRVs?

Thanks

How many cables do I need going from my satellite in to my house for a HR-20 and 4 standard DRVs?

Thanks

Hi... I'm a new customer and I know that on mine they used a 4X8 switch. 4 RG-6 lines from the slimline to the switch, then one out to each D11 and H-20 but two to the HD DVR.

HTH:cool:

I am concerned because they call the dish a "Five LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish". I assumed that I would would need 5 lines from the Dish going into my house.

Dan

I guess that is my question. Right now with Dish I have 3 cables for the 3 LNBs coming into my house to a switch that distributes the signal to my 4 receivers (5 turners total). Does DirecTV require 5 LNBs meaning I would need to have 5 cables going from my dish to my DirecTV switch in my closet?

Thanks for the info.

I guess that is my question. Right now with Dish I have 3 cables for the 3 LNBs coming into my house to a switch that distributes the signal to my 4 receivers (5 turners total). Does DirecTV require 5 LNBs meaning I would need to have 5 cables going from my dish to my DirecTV switch in my closet?

Thanks for the info.
Only 4 if you are using a Slimline need to go to the MS the 110 satellite is combined with the 119 signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)