SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
I ended up buying:

Coolsat 5000
Winegard 2076
SG21000 motor
Quad LNB

I was told by the installer that the support to hold the Winegard to the wall was not strong enough to support the weight of the motor / dish / lnb and that I needed to upgrade the support along with adding two additional "arms" to make the dish steady ---$60, he also mentioned that I can later upgrade to a bigger dish and wouldn't have any problems at all with this support. I went ahead and agreed to pay for the upgrade. :eek:

He couldn't find satellites because of the weather, so he did the wiring. It is unclear to me why he only put one line into the house when I'm paying to have 2 receivers in the house.... Can you split one cable to feed 2 receivers? The main reason why I bougt the quad was to have both circular and linear in the same LNB, but with only one cable going into the house I don't know if it can be done.

The other question I have is when he was attaching the motor to the dish support... the support on the motor had 2 holes, but the support on the dish only had one... so he only attached it with 1 screw. Is this the way it should be done????? :confused:

He still has to come back to finish setting up the satellite dish and I want to make sure that, when it's all set and done, I'll be able to have to receivers and both of them working.

Thanks

you can "split" the line in the house but the 2nd receiver would only get the same polarity as whatever the main unit is on.

I would have them run a 2nd line. Then both receivers can use both polarities of the same satellite :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)