installer is here now, woohooo

Breathing Borla

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
Illinois
here we go...:D

took today off of course, hehe.

he is also installing a new part on my dish since he said mine was kinda old. I think he said LMB??

easy install for him since my dish is low on the ground (bolted off the side of my deck). everything else is in the basement.

one thing I can't figure out so far is why I can't do anything over my home network. the hopper says it doesn't see any devices and the hopper is not listed on my network.

so far so good though, hopper and joey working good. My installer said you really have to get the hopper all set up then install the joey, otherwise your toast.

How do you add more apps?

sound and PQ are top notch, and hopper is very fast

Installing now; installer has been here for a couple of hours. First cleaned up my old install by changing out staples holding the two wires running from the dish outside, replacing them with screw-in clips. He's also changed the old coax connectors on all of the interior wires.

Got Hopper in the rack, but so far it's freezing up while trying to acquire signal (seems to be stuck on Sat 119, TP 11, 5 of 5). Rebooted it a few times, but no joy so far. Grump. So near, but so far...

Precious.....

ForumRunner_20120316_145115.png

Installing now; installer has been here for a couple of hours. First cleaned up my old install by changing out staples holding the two wires running from the dish outside, replacing them with screw-in clips. He's also changed the old coax connectors on all of the interior wires.

Got Hopper in the rack, but so far it's freezing up while trying to acquire signal (seems to be stuck on Sat 119, TP 11, 5 of 5). Rebooted it a few times, but no joy so far. Grump. So near, but so far...

Is it showing the aquiring satellite screen right away when the Hopper is plugged in? Message 015?

Okay. Called in to activate. The rep hadn't done a Hopper activation yet. They tried twice and transferred us to a higher support. While on hold the installers phone died and we called back. This time we get someone who knew what they were doing and it was activated in 2 minutes. I'm looking at USA while the tech goes to plug in the HIC and Joey clients.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)