Installer refused to remove his dirty boots

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo i believe you misread my reply as taking up for the installer, how ever i completly was NOT taking up for him, from what i read he was completly rude and disrespectful to the customer and could have handled the situation completly different. If he had mud on his shoes, and didnt have the required shoe covers, or another pair of shoes, he should have done what he had to to keep from getting mud in the customers house, for what ever reason he didnt whether his feet stunk or whatever he should have sucked it up and said hey mr/mrs so n so my feet really stink and i dont have another pair and mud is on these so if you dont mind can i borrow some air freshener so i can keep from tracking mud in your house. I was just confirming that yes osha and some of the installation companies does in fact have regulations that installers are not "technically" allowed to take our shoes off in customers houses.

It just sounds like an excuse to me as to why he did not want to take off his boots. The odds of him getting into trouble for not wearing them inside the home is nill. I always took mine off if they were muddy.

It just sounds like an excuse to me as to why he did not want to take off his boots. The odds of him getting into trouble for not wearing them inside the home is nill. I always took mine off if they were muddy.
That is where it is. I did a cable installation where the telco guy did state he wasn't taking off the boots..."you decide phone or no phone today?" I was a contractor...I looked at the white shag carpet...had visions of paying for cleaning it or getting routed over the horizon until replaced...I took off my boots.

Joe

Its rules not to take off your boots. I'm inhouse for dish and we have boot covers and if I still get asked to take off my boots then the jobs not getting done. I don't know what kinda junk you customers have laying around and i'm not risking stepping on something.

You really need to rethink that statement. If I asked, and that was the attitude you had, I'd gladly kick you out. I can just as easily go to the other company. Your customers are the REASON for your paycheck.

Last edited:
I believe it's against OSHA but who cares? What's he gonna do, stub a toe at the most!? I keep about 50 pair of shoe coverings in my truck for me and if the customer wants to walk around and not take his shoes off I give him a pair too. Installer was being as ass it sounds like

I one time, one time took off my shoes because a customer demanded I take them off even though I had shoe covers. I took two steps and stepped on a carpet staple that sent me the hospital to have it removed. It is an OSHA requirement.

Since we're telling stories.......

I had an install at a new home several yrs ago in the winter. Feet got muddy just walking up to the house. Left my boots at the door & proceeded with pre install. Walked into 1 room with customer & the dog had left tootsie rolls everywhere. At least I could see those to avoid them, what I didn't see was the puddle in the carpet that soaked my sock. :eek: I was mad & had no choice but to deal with it.

I still take my boots off when needed or use shoe covers, however, senses are on high alert when arriving at a job until I know what I'm dealing with. Thank goodness most are good & the few that are bad makes you really look forward to a shower and a cold beer. :)

I took my boots off at a customer home and a lady dropped a glass on my foot. Hurt like hell for 2 days....Boots stay on...You may say the customer is the reason you have the job but that the same customer half the time that won't move crap out the way or have the stuff moved away from the walls that wants(expects!!) you to move furniture.
Installer if have a customer request you to remove your shoes and if anything happens to you while doing so on their property you can sue them and win easily. I done it before.

I took my boots off at a customer home and a lady dropped a glass on my foot. Hurt like hell for 2 days....Boots stay on...You may say the customer is the reason you have the job but that the same customer half the time that won't move crap out the way or have the stuff moved away from the walls that wants(expects!!) you to move furniture.
Installer if have a customer request you to remove your shoes and if anything happens to you while doing so on their property you can sue them and win easily. I done it before.

So you voluntarily break an OSHA and probably local work rule, get hurt doing it, and then sue the customer? I couldn't do it, but then again, I have a conscience.

So you voluntarily break an OSHA and probably local work rule, get hurt doing it, and then sue the customer? I couldn't do it, but then again, I have a conscience.

Nope i sued a different customer, and I did have a conscience the jerk ass customer didn't when he saw me trip over crap I ask them to clean up and tore my acl that cost me a year of my livelihood. All he did and went and checked his home owners insurance and ask would directv send out another tech to finish the upgrade.

Nope i sued a different customer, and I did have a conscience the jerk ass customer didn't when he saw me trip over crap I ask them to clean up and tore my acl that cost me a year of my livelihood. All he did and went and checked his home owners insurance and ask would directv send out another tech to finish the upgrade.

People like you make me physically ill. You broke several violations and then went on to sue somebody, I don't care if they are a jerk or not, you still broke rules. You are a sick person.

So the customer that asked you to remove your shoes isn't the same one you sued? Why did you post about it as if you did?

When my cable internet was installed the guy put on booties over his shoes to come into the house.

Can't speak for directv, been installing my own since 1997. I'd imagine a contractor would have to spend their own money on booties to have them.

Never know where your boots will end up

Attachments

• 20130316_122305.jpg
    20130316_122305.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 275
  • 20130316_124245.jpg
    20130316_124245.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 20130104_095929.jpg
    20130104_095929.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 20130104_095902.jpg
    20130104_095902.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 230
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts