INSTALLERS NOTiFIED TO SEND BACK RECEIVERS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
vurbano said:
I wonder if ole Dragon was lookin for boxes, probably sold a hundred on ebay and needed to convert us to D* fast.

LMAO yeah that sound like something he might do.

t

I see lots of posts regarding picking up boxes from customers but I have yet to receive any information about picking them up from the customers just information on returning the boxes we have in stock in our tech warehouses. We have not been notified of any action to take or monetary amount that would be paid if we pick up any from customers. I believe at this time that would just create serious havock. That will be decided later I'm sure but I'm not willing to take the risk of picking up boxes from customers without instruction to do so.

Just a note from a ex voom retailer..... do not give up your boxes to anyone... we have been instructed not to recover any from our customers. That is a VOom direct issue, and they will handle it through letters and phone calls with customers.

Equipment Pickup

DO Not give your EQ to ANYONE unless you have called VOOM or Installs directly, There can be equipment charges when they finally get around to pickup, motorola will want their EQ. I highly doubt EQ pickup will be before the first/second week of May.

helper said:
DO Not give your EQ to ANYONE unless you have called VOOM or Installs directly, There can be equipment charges when they finally get around to pickup, motorola will want their EQ. I highly doubt EQ pickup will be before the first/second week of May.

Motorola could give a snake's fart about the equipment. They sold it to VOOM, and I'm pretty sure they already cashed the check :)

And I highly doubt there will be any pickup at all. I think the best they can hope for is sending out the prepaid boxes, and hope that they get a good compliance rate, but as I've said before, they're not going to spend money chasing these.

Lob

The 550's will actually go back to motorola since the coding/guts inside are patented by motorola as well as the DVR, so as I said, about four weeks there will be a letter descibing eq return process, and since there was a contract setup for a collections agency you may not have to pay in the end but it could still destroy your credit (i.e $400chrg per ird). Anyone who wants to cancel should, your billing will stop as of the day you cancel but srv will continue through close date. Only W/O's that can be processed are Disconnects(through voom not installs), but pickup cannot be scheduled, however the system will still stop your billing.

helper said:
The 550's will actually go back to motorola since the coding/guts inside are patented by motorola as well as the DVR, so as I said, about four weeks there will be a letter descibing eq return process, and since there was a contract setup for a collections agency you may not have to pay in the end but it could still destroy your credit (i.e $400chrg per ird). Anyone who wants to cancel should, your billing will stop as of the day you cancel but srv will continue through close date. Only W/O's that can be processed are Disconnects(through voom not installs), but pickup cannot be scheduled, however the system will still stop your billing.

Interesting info... If such is the case and these STBs are so valuable to Cablevision & Motorola then I will require Cablevision to remove my dish and patch the holes on my roof when they come to pick up my STBs and leave signed paperwork indicating that the STBs were turned over.

Voom reps told me that once service was ended being the last day or before that we would recieve a letter letting us know when the pickup dates and times would be.

The question I have is does Voom realy want their boxes back? I cancelled my service 02/19 and have had to make 4 calls and 3 emails to get them to send me out boxes to ship their STB's back. Each time I have been told the boxes will be sent and have written confirmation, but nothing yet. Last call I made was 04/09 and at that point the CSR supervisor told me that maybe they will now send me a box since they are closing shop. They have been trying to charge me the $400 per box since the end of Feb. I have told them, and they do have the notes on file, that I have called requesting the return boxes but never get them. If they cant get that simple job done for one ex-customer, how do they expect to get it done for 40k?

Was there anything in our original agreement that requires us to return them? What I mean by that, is that I don't want to have to go through the trouble of packing it up, driving to the Post Office and waiting in line for ages. I don't really see why I should. I have paid good money for the service, and if they cancel I presume the onus to be on them to do a professional un-install including removing all equipment and patching holes they created through my external walls.

De-installs

You should receive a letter in about two to three weeks outlining how the removal of the equipment will take place. That is the only info anyone has at this point. As far as the return boxes go, they are prepaid FedEx and you have the option of having FedEX pick them up or you can drop them off at a FedEX drop site at your leisure.

I don't need VOOM for OTA since my sets all have integrated tuners, however I do feel for those of you using them for OTA. Since VOOM wants their STBs returned, I think it is only fair to ask VOOM to "professionally" de-install their dish and OTA antenna for those customers wanting them removed.

Stuart-B said:
I have paid good money for the service, and if they cancel I presume the onus to be on them to do a professional un-install including removing all equipment and patching holes they created through my external walls.

"Professional" uninstall. Reality is that if they remove the dish they will just glob some silicon where the holes were. For a wall or eve mount it is not so bad. For those with the dish mounted on the roof that could lead to bigger problems. If dish is on your roof you might be better off just leaving it there.

riffjim4069 said:
I don't need VOOM for OTA since my sets all have integrated tuners, however I do feel for those of you using them for OTA. Since VOOM wants their STBs returned, I think it is only fair to ask VOOM to "professionally" de-install their dish and OTA antenna for those customers wanting them removed.

It isn't that I need the STBs for OTA at this point since I will have Comcast installed by the 30th and will be receiving HD locals, but I'm quite pissed at Cablevision for deciding to shutdown voOm the way they have. They have something else coming if they think they can decide when they can drop by pick these STBs up, or get away without removing my dish and patching my roof. I may sound like an jerk for this, but it will be my pleasure to make sure that it is not cheap for Cablevision pick up my STBs, remove my dish, and patch the holes in my roof. This is something that will need to be done on a weekend and at my convenience. Missed appointment... Sorry you'll need to comeback when I decide I can fit you into my schedule.

Having said that, Cablevision should also at least have the courtesy to make loyal voOm subscribers an offer on the STBs with the OTA tuner enabled because there are plenty of soon to be ex-voOm subscribers that could use those tuners. As stated before I would be willing to pay $$$ for them but not $400 a pop. They are not worth anything close to that since they will be lacking in both features and support.

Yes, I agree a professional uninstall would be appropriate. Since they forbid self-installs, I wouldn't want to tread on their toes and do a self-uninstall. Plus the appointment time would be subject to whether we desired to be a home or not. Of course within a 6 hour window. (Just venting over the demise of VOOM. I'll assist in any manner as usual.)

Unfortunately, Cablevision is going to look at this from the business end...in other words, you're going to get their business right up your end. :eek: Unless you purchased your STBs, they are Cablevision's property and you will be charged either $299 or $400 (can't recall the exact figure) for each STB you fail to return as stated in your contract.

CVC will most likely outsource receiver collection and disposal to a 3rd party. Even if they recover only $10 per receiver, that's still $1 million dollars assuming there are roughly 100,000 leased STBs out there. Also, I'm not sure if Cablevision is under any obligation to recover any other equipment??? Any lawyers out there? Since Cablevision is still in business, can we require them to de-install the dish, OTA and wiring?

A while back I bought a couple of new in the box Voom STB's off ebay to use as OTA receivers. Did not work due to menu inaccessibility because the STB's were never activated.
But how about this? When Voom collects the STB's I give them the two I bought from ebay in exchange for the two leased units I have? They still get the same quantity of hardware and I end up with 2 OTA tuners that work . Sounds fair to me but we will have to wait and see what and if they ask us to do.

Indy,

They have the serial numbers of your boxes. However, I see no harm in trying to return them since the worst case scenario is they reject your return and ask you to send them the correct boxes.

The question that should be asked, is there a way to block Voom/CVC from filing a complaint with your credit agency? If there is, then it's incumbent on them to accommodate you with pickup times et. all. Lord knows they're not going to take you to court over $1200. Too costly for the company. I know we are responsible to surrender equipment at the end of our contract/subscription, but did their license specifically state that WE are responsible for equipment removal? If they want the STBs, they better pick them up themselves at my convenience. Send Chuck and Jimmy over to pick it up for being gutless and shutting the service down (and since Chuck ultimately voted 'yay' on the shutdown, he's culpable too).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts