Installing a motorized dish trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kwik13a

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
chicago
I've installed my new motor DMS SG2100 to 76Cm wingaurd Dish, I believe i have it True South, My closes sat to true south sat is 87w,The only bird I'm getting is 97W with High Q of 80% and low Q of %56, however i can't get any other bird, I'm using USAL Settings. sometimes i get single on 103w 2 or 3 tp I get quailty single about 53%, but its says a different sat, it s found: sat 19.2w, and some other tp says unknown sat,

My settings are:

STB : CW800
Universal LNB
76cm win guard dish
Latitude: 41.6223°
Longitude: -88.1508°
I did enter these setting in my stb but instead of -88 i entered 88 i have no way of entering the nagitive sign.

Thank you

IN most cases the 88 would show as 88W which is fine.

I dont know about the cw800 but the cw600 motor sucked....I cant comment on the 800 motor control. Hopefully someone can chime in

the latitude of the motor is the same as your latitude so 41
dish elevation is 23-24
best thing to do is get the motor back to 0...once you get that then put your lat/longitude in the receiver and let it motor to either 87W or 89W (since you're split between them).
Check thelist above for a strong transponder. The ones on 87 & 89 have changed within the last few months so the receiver may have outdated info. Then move the motor/dish assembly by hand until you lock quality on the true south satelite

yes. On my 600 it says "manual scan" and I can update the transponders

I dont know how the menus are on the 800 though

Longitude: -88.1508°
I did enter these setting in my stb but instead of -88 i entered 88 i have no way of entering the nagitive sign.

IN most cases the 88 would show as 88W which is fine.

Western longitude coordinates are usually displayed as (-) numbers.

Make certain that the longitude does present you with W for western longitude. Many receivers are built from an Asian or European mindset and will usually default to E for Eastern longitudes.

Sometimes getting this to change to W can be a pain as you may have to use a specific key on the remote at a specific time in the entry to switch to W. However, a very easy way to avoid this hassle, is simply subtract your longitude from 360 and enter that number (i.e. 360 - 88.15 = 271.85) Many of the receivers I have played with will accept this 271.85 entry and automatically convert it to 88.15 W.

RADAR

I have a universal Lnb "smart" .3db, I bought from over seas while back, but i got a lots of progress , after updated some TP's on some sats and i got a decent Q, but its still need a little adjustment off the roof, so thanks guys for all your help..:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts