Status
Please reply by conversation.

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
Is there any special way to wire a QPH031 LNB. I have it hooked to a 22kHz switch. I'm only hooking it to 1 receiver (Fortec Lifetime Classic NA). I'm using one C, and one L connection at the LNB. Can I connect either LNB output to either input of the switch or do I have to connect them to a certain one. Also I notice there are only V and H polarization on the receiver, is there suppose to also be a R and L selection some place or do I just not understand this FTA thing yet???

Any input will work as long as you remember what one is L and what one is C when it comes to setting up the switch.

Left hand is the same as Horzontal. (Receiver kicks out 13v)

Right hand is the same as Linear. (receiver kicks out 17v)

Set up the switch???? The only place I see anything about a switch on the receiver is under Ant. setup, you have a 22kHz with Auto, On, Off for selections. Is there someplace else to look???
Also what type of LNB Type should I select??? I was using UNI as a selection when I was using the SNH031 LNB.

The linear side of the QPH-031 is a STANDARD with a L.O. of 10750

The circular side L.O. is 11250

When setting up a circular satellite you can choose to have the 22KHz tone on!

Then when setting up a linear satellite you can choose 22KHz off, for example!

(I use a 2 way DiSEqC switch myself)

So can I just use the "UNI" LNB selection since it uses "auto" for the 22KHz.
I bought the 22KHz switch because the DiSEqC switch that was on Sadoun website was a 4 way and all I needed was a 2 way. What would be the difference between the 2 switch??? They are doing somewhat of the same thing right??

You NEED to use STANDARD for the linear side of the QPH-031. (10750 L.O.)

A 4 way DiSEqC switch just gives you the option to add 2 more LNB/Dish. If you do not use all the ports they can simply be terminated/sealed.

thiggin

On the Fortec, put the LNB as Standard NOT Universal
LO frequency for Linear is 10750
LO frequency for the DBS side is 11250

If you have DBS on the 22k side, scroll down to 22k and change it from Auto to ON

Iceberg said:
thiggin

On the Fortec, put the LNB as Standard NOT Universal
LO frequency for Linear is 10750
LO frequency for the DBS side is 11250

If you have DBS on the 22k side, scroll down to 22k and change it from Auto to ON
So if I scan the same Bird more then once(linear then circular) the channels I pick up with the circular scan will be added to the linear scan and not replace the linear scan?

Also the DBS will be the "c" port of the LNB right?

Thanks guys :up :bow , I know these are probably dumb ass questions but I'm VERY green when it comes to the FTA stuff :D .

Last edited:
thiggin2 said:
So if I scan the same Bird more then once(linear then circular) the channels I pick up with the circular scan will be added to the linear scan and not replace the linear scan?
correct. When you scan a bird (regardless if linear or circular) you won't lose the old ones. It will just add the new ones

Also the DBS will be the "c" port of the LNB right?
correctamundo :)

Thanks guys :up :bow , I know these are probably dumb ass questions but I'm VERY green when it comes to the FTA stuff :D .
no problem. We were all newbies once (yes even me) :)

Now how come I have to keep switching LNB types to be able to view different channels that are already scanned and saved? Shouldn't the receiver do that automatically??

once you set it up, you shouldn't have to change anything. I use a 22k switch with my Coolsat and Invacom (linear on 0k, circular on 22k) and once set up it works....make sure to save your settings

Sadly, you have to go through all your stored satellites and change the settings so they are right

Iceberg said:
once you set it up, you shouldn't have to change anything. I use a 22k switch with my Coolsat and Invacom (linear on 0k, circular on 22k) and once set up it works....make sure to save your settings

Sadly, you have to go through all your stored satellites and change the settings so they are right
So let me see if I get this:
You scan each satellite twice.
Once using 10750(linear)-22kHz set to "off".
Second time using 11250(circular)- 22kHz set to "on".

Now after a satellite is scanned the receiver states it is "saving data", now is it saving the setting also or do I have to do that someplace?

whoa...hold on....back the ship up a little bit

You only need to scan once.

If its a Linear satellite (everything EXCEPT what is posted below), set it up for LO 10750 22k off and leave it
If its a Circular satellite (DBS...61.5, 82, 91, 110, 119, 129, 148) set the receiver for 11250 LO and 22k on

Once you set up the satellite, you dont need to change it. So lets set up a few satellites..

IA6..(93W)...LO 10750 22k off
G11.(91W)....LO 10750 22k off
Nimiq1 (DBS 91)..LO 11250 22k on

Once you set it, you only need to scan the satellite once :)

Once you set up the parameters (LO and 22k) and scan, it willl save the channels AND the settings

Damn now I really feel like an ass!!!!:D I should have known that from all the studing I've done over at LyngSat. But 91.0w has both right?? G11 is a linear and Nim1 circular, also over at 129.0w has both being IA7 linear and Echo5 circular.
I'll get this $#!t sooner or later ( hopefully sooner then later :D )

Also can full power scan be done on all satellites?? And if so what are the best setting to put it on: Mode-FTA, Type-H&V, Start-?, Stop-?, Step-?.
And what is "Network Search" for?? The manual doesn't say much.

thiggin2 said:
Damn now I really feel like an ass!!!!:D I should have known that from all the studing I've done over at LyngSat. But 91.0w has both right?? G11 is a linear and Nim1 circular, also over at 129.0w has both being IA7 linear and Echo5 circular.
I'll get this $#!t sooner or later ( hopefully sooner then later :D )

correct. But you set up 2 satellites for those

91 has Galaxy 11 & Nimiq1
129 has IA7 & Echo 5

set them up as two separate satellites and you'll be fine :)

thiggin2 said:
Also can full power scan be done on all satellites?? And if so what are the best setting to put it on: Mode-FTA, Type-H&V, Start-?, Stop-?, Step-?.
start & stop is the frequency range. KU is 11700 to 1200 and DBS is 12200 to 12700. I leave everything as is but if you know where a channel is but dont have all the info, you can fine tune the start & stop frequencies (like 11700-11900).

And what is "Network Search" for?? The manual doesn't say much.
It finds the tranponders with the same symbol rate. Really only works here for DBS satellites.

Why is it when I select a satellite at times the switch will make a clicking noise but the motor won't budge????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)