Installing a QPH031 question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thiggin2 said:
Why is it when I select a satellite at times the switch will make a clicking noise but the motor won't budge????
Does anyone know why this might happen??(bad motor or just a normal thing??)

Last edited:
The SWITCH is making a noise? That's unusual. It's solid state, no moving parts. If there's a short in it (possibly accounting for the arcing sound), try replacing the switch. Remember to always power off the receiver (main switch on the back) before changing up any connections!

Tron said:
The SWITCH is making a noise? That's unusual. It's solid state, no moving parts. If there's a short in it (possibly accounting for the arcing sound), try replacing the switch. Remember to always power off the receiver (main switch on the back) before changing up any connections!
Yea its like a relay clicking noise. It makes that noise when I have the 22kHz turned on. But would the switch affect the motor since the switch is between the LNB and motor??

Iceberg said:
no the switch wouldnt affect the motor is its between the LNB's and motor :)
Well thats what I thought. But I'm getting very pissed at this motor. I have to contently mess around with the receiver to get the damn motor to move. If I select a satellite I can hear the switch click but the motor goes nowhere, then I have to select the motor to go to ref., then reselect the satellite and some times it moves and sometimes it doesn't. I can select a different satellite and the motor will go there then if I select the original satellite that the motor wouldn't move to and this time it will finally move to it.
Does it sound like a bad motor?? If so I will contact Sadoun about getting a replacement.

Try the motor alone without the switch. See if that help in sorting out the issue with the motor.

Also, make sure you have selected v1.3 (USALS) to move the motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)