1 meter vs 76cm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john green

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Georgia
Guys, Sorry if this has been covered.I looked around and did not see much.I picked up a 1 meter dish yesterday.I am curious as to how much better reception I can expect compared to my Winegard 76cm dish ?

Thanks Pete.Great info.
I can't figure out who the manufacturer of this dish is,but it looks exactly like my Winegard except bigger.It has the bigger mount on the back.I guess I will have to buy the 50mm tube for the SG2100 before I put it on the motor.It came with a pretty hefty mount and a Astrotel Blue Thunder LNB.I got it all for $60.00 and a 15 minute drive from my office.No freight.I think I got a pretty good deal.

$60 for a 1m dish and all you had to drive was 15 minutes?

Heck for that price, I'd drive 50 miles :D

my signal went from 15% to 45% on g10's 11718 transponder. So it is a good bit better no i can watch retro jams now.

john green said:
I got it all for $60.00 and a 15 minute drive from my office.No freight.I think I got a pretty good deal.

Nice..

Yesterday I was able to pickup a 1.2m dish locally for $100.00 and it was brand new too, in the box. No shipping involved either and I was able to send one of my drivers that was in the area driving his Van. :D

1.2m Baja Beach offset Ku-dish.

http://eyeinthesky.net/cgi-bin/show_full_desc.cgi

Attachments

• satellite_dish__120cm__1_2_meter__by_Azure_Shine-4010.gif
    satellite_dish__120cm__1_2_meter__by_Azure_Shine-4010.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 181
I played around with the new 1 meter dish today.I got AMC 9 rather quickly.I have never been able to get it in the past.
I took some pics of the dish.Can anyone identify the manufacturer of this dish by my pictures ?

Attachments

• dish 1.JPG
    dish 1.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 202
  • dish 2.JPG
    dish 2.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 227
  • dish 3.JPG
    dish 3.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 202
  • dish 4.JPG
    dish 4.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 211
  • dish 5.JPG
    dish 5.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 192
Iceberg

This is definitely not a Fortec Dish.

Here is a Fortec 1m dish

Attachments

• 100cm-4.jpg
    100cm-4.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 100cm-2.jpg
    100cm-2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 153
Well I finally got the 1m dish mounted on the sg2100 motor.I ran into a problem that maybe someone else has seen.I locked on Nimiq 2,my true south sat.I spent a couple hours fine tuning and the only sat I have trouble with is Amazonas to the far west.I get a real strong signal from the Echo sat next to it and all the sats to the east as far as Echo at 119.Maybe my pole is not perfectly plum ?

May have to use DiSEqC 1.2 if you are using USALS right now for satellites to the extream east and west!

Using DiSEqC 1.2 and never had a problem before.I can get about a 60 quality but the picture won't come in unless I pull on the dish a bit.If I adjust to get Amazonas I mess up quality to the other side of the belt.

Even if one side of the satellite arc lines up, you still may have to turn the motor slightly on the pole and re-adjust your dish elevation. It takes a lot of adjusting to get it peaked properly. You may even find that your motor elevation needs to be tweaked as well, but sounds as if you need to turn the motor on the pole and adjust your dish elevation..... again and again and again untill you have it peaked.

Larry, I am guessing I need to make a tiny little adjustment on the pole if Amazonas is my only trouble satellite ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)