installing a VIP 222 k in my RV

jeleben

Original poster
May 6, 2011
southern california
I have a VIP222k I want to install in my rv. I currently have a Dish 500 with a DP twin lnb. DO I need to purchase a DPplus lnb with a seperater to hook up to my 222 to get both tvs to work on differant channels, or will the DP twin work with the seperater

If I want just one line I would have to get the dp plus lnb with the seperater right. I have an outside connection to hook up my coax. If I used 2 lines I would have to go thru a window

jeleben said:
If I want just one line I would have to get the dp plus lnb with the seperater right. I have an outside connection to hook up my coax. If I used 2 lines I would have to go thru a window

Yes, you need the dp plus to run a single cable with seperator.

OK I got a dp plus lnb with a seperator and hooked it to the seperator at the reciever. I did a point dish and recieved 119 and 110 on tuner 1, but nothing on tuner 2. I did a check switch and it shows tuner 1 119 110 good but shows nothing for tuner 2. Any suggestions

How old is your RV? At the "Park Cable" connection, does it say "Satellite Ready"? I was able to hook up my 222 by running a cable into the RV at the "Park Cable" connection. Disconnecting the cable from the "Antenna/Cable" switch on the cable side (This also allowed me to watch OTA through the rooftop antenna by switching the input on my remote.) and connecting it with a seperater to the receiver. I then ran an HDMI cable from the receiver to the front TV and AV cable to the rear TV. This (AV cable)should already be in place so that you can watch DVDs on the bedroom TV. I have a box that allows me to switch between satellite, DVD, and an Aux input. If yours is similar, just switching this to Sat for the bedroom TV should do the trick.

I do have a satellite connection on the outside of my rv. I finally figured it out, Dish told me to connect a seperator at the lnb and I had a seperator at the reciever connected too. When I took off the seperator at the lnb it started working perfectly. I have a box also in my RV but I bypassed it because it only a coax connection and the reciever only has HDMI or AV Cables. SO I went direct to the front tv with AV cables and the bedroom I used an RF converter and that seemed to do the trick.

I don't know what your set-up is, and this will possibly take some heavy lifting. Does the video distribution box have AV inputs on the back? Mine does, and what I did before changing the front TV to a HighDef model was plug in additional AV cable from my receiver to the video box. My Motorhome has the Video distribution box and the antenna/cable switch and cables in a cabinet on one side of the TV. On the other is a cabinet for the Sat receiver. What I did was slide the TV (here is where the heavy lifting comes in) out to run additional coax and AV cable behind the TV. The coax was connected to the cable input (as I said in my previous post) with a barrel connector, then plugged into the receiver with the separator. Separate AV cable was used for TV1 and TV2. One set of cable was already there and was connected to the Sat input of the video box. I connected the second AV cable to TV2 and the Aux input of the video box. Then when waching TV the video distribution box was set to Sat for TV1 (the front TV) and Aux for TV2 (the bedroom TV).

Hope this works for you too.

With the current connectivity of todays TVs, the use of Home Sound Systems, and satellite receivers, the best thing is to scrap that distribution switch box unless it is the power source for the batwing antenna. If it is, then leave the antenna connected but disconnect the rest of the cables.

The satellite to TV connection should be anything but coax. If you have a DVD player, connect it direct to the TV again with anything but coax. Still using a VCR? Well that is an issue onto itself.

That distribution switch box was a good ideal in the days of coax antenna connections for everythings. It days are past and coax (outside of coax to the satellite receiver) should be only for the batwing antenna.

With the current connectivity of todays TVs, the use of Home Sound Systems, and satellite receivers, the best thing is to scrap that distribution switch box unless it is the power source for the batwing antenna. If it is, then leave the antenna connected but disconnect the rest of the cables.

The satellite to TV connection should be anything but coax. If you have a DVD player, connect it direct to the TV again with anything but coax. Still using a VCR? Well that is an issue onto itself.

That distribution switch box was a good ideal in the days of coax antenna connections for everythings. It days are past and coax (outside of coax to the satellite receiver) should be only for the batwing antenna.

Scrapping the distribution box may be a good idea, but it also serves to send the DVD signal to the bedroom TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts