Installing coax for 3rd TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevinbct

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
New England
When I signed up for D* over a year ago, I only had 2 receivers set up at that time. ( I just have standard def. not HD)

There are two coax cables, paired together, that drop straight from the dish on my roof into my basement.

So I have a few questions:

How much would D* charge me for an install charge to drop a 3rd line into the basement?

Should I buy my own receiver or just get one from them?

Thanks.

When I signed up for D* over a year ago, I only had 2 receivers set up at that time. ( I just have standard def. not HD)

There are two coax cables, paired together, that drop straight from the dish on my roof into my basement.

So I have a few questions:

How much would D* charge me for an install charge to drop a 3rd line into the basement?

Should I buy my own receiver or just get one from them?

Thanks.

I can't say what they would charge but if you want three receivers with HD (someday) and maybe a DVR, You are gonna need four lines, a new Slimline dish and a 6X8 Zinwell switch. My guess (although others will know for sure) is that if you are willing to sign up for two more years, you'll get the install and hdwr. for free. If ALL you want is one more TV hookup, then maybe a switch and your two cable could do it. Sorry if I didn't actually answer your question :cool:

I can't say what they would charge but if you want three receivers with HD (someday) and maybe a DVR, You are gonna need four lines, a new Slimline dish and a 6X8 Zinwell switch. My guess (although others will know for sure) is that if you are willing to sign up for two more years, you'll get the install and hdwr. for free. If ALL you want is one more TV hookup, then maybe a switch and your two cable could do it. Sorry if I didn't actually answer your question :cool:

I have the 3 LNB dish. I'll upgrade to HD later, not now.

I already have the cable running up to the 3rd TV, so I would need either a 3rd cable running down to the basement from the dish on the roof or a 2 inputs to 3 outputs switch.

Can someone tell me if i can use a switch?

With a 3 LNB dish, the only compatible switches require 4 inputs so would not be applicable to your installation. Run a third cable from multiswitch on the dish (there are 4 outputs). Check with Directv and you might be able to get another receiver for little or no cost, including installation of the cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)