Installing in the rain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I'm just wondering if the installers would install the dish in the rain. It's not raining right now, but it is wet outside. So I was wondering if it's raining will the installers even attempt to come out and install the dish?

Probably not,if they have to go on to the roof then I am sure they won't.Where is the location of the dish to be or do you not know at this point?
If it is just wet,with just misty rain,you may have a chance,old brick layers used watch a brick-10 drops at a time on the brick and it was off the bar

Well it's not raining right now, but it will be later in the day. I'm going to try to have them install the dish on the shed so installing on the roof SHOULDN'T be a problem.

Also will they even attempt to come down or will they call and cancel the appointment? I've been waiting for TV for awhile now and if they cancel I'm going to be upset because I've been stuck watching OTA TV forever.

Depends on the installer..... if they want to work they will, if they don't want to work they won't. If you called an 800 number and it's an MSP or HSP coming out I am sure they will as it is all about getting the job done with those guys. If it is raining and they do the install, it more than likely will be substadard work. GOOD LUCK

Well it's not raining right now, but it will be later in the day. I'm going to try to have them install the dish on the shed so installing on the roof SHOULDN'T be a problem.

Also will they even attempt to come down or will they call and cancel the appointment? I've been waiting for TV for awhile now and if they cancel I'm going to be upset because I've been stuck watching OTA TV forever.

Shed or Roof, doesn't matter. If you have to pull a ladder out you shouldn't be doing a job and any type of wet weather.

Well it doesn't seem to be wet enough. The installer is doing the job as I type this message. I wonder if he'd be able to upgrade our service to the Total Choice Package Plus while he's here or will I have to call direcTV myself and ask?

Well it doesn't seem to be wet enough. The installer is doing the job as I type this message. I wonder if he'd be able to upgrade our service to the Total Choice Package Plus while he's here or will I have to call direcTV myself and ask?

While he is on the phone activating your receivers, have him hand you the phone and you can upgrade.

Additionally, you can upgrade online anytime.

I'm just wondering if the installers would install the dish in the rain. It's not raining right now, but it is wet outside. So I was wondering if it's raining will the installers even attempt to come out and install the dish?

as much as I despise it and think it is uneccesary to work in rain, I do it..However if a roof mount is required for line of sight, the job gets rescheduled....I have rain gear on rainy days...
Now some cutomers will request we do not come out on rainy days because they don't want mud/dirt tracked into their homes....Bless them....
I hate the rain because my tools get wet, I get wet and it slows my pace of work to a crawl....If it was up to me, I would NOT work on rainy days..Ever..
But I do it....I just grit my teeth and bare it....

I would rather it be raining when it's installed, that way you know right away how your signal will be.
I have to work in the rain, all day today, not much fun, but I need a paycheck every week, so as long as it's not lightning I'll be working.

Jimbo

I would rather it be raining when it's installed, that way you know right away how your signal will be.
I have to work in the rain, all day today, not much fun, but I need a paycheck every week, so as long as it's not lightning I'll be working.

Jimbo

Me, too Jimbo. I'm a mailman. The kind that walks ten miles every day. I'm sure my boss wouldn't mind if I stayed home on rainy days! ;) :D

Well everything was installed very nicely. He got the job done in a couple hours for a 4 receiver install. I also called right after he installed the system and they were very nice and let me upgrade to the Starz for a year package even though I signed up for the regular package. I like how DirecTV's service is so far. Also what I like is when I tried to register for my account I gave them my number online and they literally called 1 minute later it was great.

Me, too Jimbo. I'm a mailman. The kind that walks ten miles every day. I'm sure my boss wouldn't mind if I stayed home on rainy days! ;) :D

Yes but your paycheck would !

I work for at&t repair, it sucks pretty bad when the weather is rotten, but I gotta admit it's nice being outside all summer long, till it gets over 90*.

I just turned down working overnight 18 hours OT, 1 I was not feeling to good after work and felt this would only make it worse, and the fact that it's going to be around 25-30 overnight, and I really want to be able to be awake for the Football game tommorow.

Jimbo

ya- I like a dog to bite me right away so I know how bad it's gonna hurt.

My theory is, IF it's raining and the dish is set up and I have a good to great signal, it can only get better, the higher the signal the longer it will be till your sat goes down in heavy weather.

btw, try having Dog biscuts with you, generally helps with the dog issues :hungry:
What's the matter, you don't want to be lunch ?

Jimbo

My theory is, IF it's raining and the dish is set up and I have a good to great signal, it can only get better, the higher the signal the longer it will be till your sat goes down in heavy weather.

btw, try having Dog biscuts with you, generally helps with the dog issues :hungry:
What's the matter, you don't want to be lunch ?

Jimbo

I also would recommend a spare can of carburator liquid on a truck - kills wasps on contact and in the air. Lots of fun but make sure wind is not blowing your way its bad for eyes and skin. Especially for wasps' skin it burns um good those little suckers make sure you aim good cuz if you miss they come back bite ya in da ass very vendictive little creatures.

Rain if it rains heavy non stop - job gets rescheduled. But if it rains on and off I just time my job so that I will be inside while its raining and outside when it stops. Usually ask people to let me put my tools and assemble dish in their garage and from there its easy to see the weather and move between inside and outside of the house.

I also would recommend a spare can of carburator liquid on a truck - kills wasps on contact and in the air. Lots of fun but make sure wind is not blowing your way its bad for eyes and skin. Especially for wasps' skin it burns um good those little suckers make sure you aim good cuz if you miss they come back bite ya in da ass very vendictive little creatures.

Carb. spray to kill wasp ?
Never heard of that !
We have some good stuff at work for wasp and insects in general, does an excellent job. When it's sprayed, it says it will go 15 feet, just incase, it actually suffocates the bee, wasp ect. If I am on a pole and spray it, they normally drop within 2 ft of trying to fly away.
It's a product made by Rainbow, but it is not available to the public.

Jimbo

Hey, you guys aren't working with YOUR own tools..You aren't going into people's homes and spending 3-4 hrs there.....To compare my job to yours is disengenuous.....Also, you belong to the world's most powerful union. You could practically tell your boss to screw himself and you'd still have a job..you'd get written up, but not fired....So please..Before you get all condescending about working in the rain, try walking a mile in my shoes..Done..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts