Installing standard LNBF on older Bell ExpressVu dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those are at a higher frequency, the fta lnbs are lower than those. Those sites are for people who are pirates who steal from dish thats theft of service. We do not condone that here.

Did you notice the date on that forum post? What they refereed to as FTA was actually theft of service. (Which was rampant then) BTW- not discussed here.
Today the only thing you'd tune is those same Dish satellites. Guess what?
You won't receive anything that's unscrambled (FTA).
They tune transponders above 12200. FTA transponders are 11700 to 12200.
If FTA is what you're after I'd suggest a 90cm dish and proper LNBF. ebay
Get used to the particulars of aiming and tuning, then maybe experiment with modding an undersized dish. Just my 2 cents.

The site above left me with the impression that Dish DPP LNB may work for the free channels? But no big deal, the LNBs are pretty cheap this days.
Just need to see if i can get around the trees around here :)
Any idea how SuperBuddy meter need to be set in order to get the 97W (Galaxy 19).

97w is pretty easy to pick up it was the second sat that I picked up rt is a good channel to watch.

The LNBFs discussed in that thread receives circular polarity signals from the Dish Network satellites. They do not receive linear polarity signals from the true FTA satellites.

The confusion in the linked thread is that the posters are referencing the theft of Dish Network programming from the Echostar DBS circular polarity satellites using FTA receivers. They are not discussing the reception of true FTA channels, which are transmitted unencrypted on FSS linear polarity satellites.

Edit: slow to post. Sorry!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)