Installing your own

G-force

Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
How many people here actually bought your equiptment and did the install yourself? I'm just trying to figure out which route to go here as far as getting a package installed. I did installs for echostar back in 1996 when Dish Network first hit the west coast, so I have the basic knowledge. I'm just wondering what technologies have changed since then and if I should even consider trying to tackle my own install. I plan on doing a 622 HD HVR and another HD receiver for my bedroom.

if you can line up a dish you should be allright... the technical stuff... the DPP twins and seperators and backfeeds and stuff you can find out here. Just ask and we'll get ya fixed up..

The only thing we cant do for ya is lining up the dish.

Anyone hear of a "Power Block" ? Supposedly it blocks voltage from addional receivers hooked through a multi switch. My 311 drops out when I try to use it with a DP34 switch. My main receiver is a 522.

I have always installed my own too. I want to upgrade my ear, but Dish won't let me install it myself. They insist on sending out a tech! With my work schedule, and dogs, I don't want a tech to come to swap out receivers and put a dish so I can see the Voom channels!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)